Finding a folding mountain bike (electric)

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Thunderstrikes

Finding a folding mountain bike (electric)

Post by Thunderstrikes »

Hi All
New Poster here. I am hoping to buy a new ebike in the next few weeks and have read so much that I have gone round in a few circles I have to say. I would love to buy a folding mountain bike with disc braking sysytem and GPS tracking ability can any kind people point me in the right direction please, I am based in the United kingdom if that helps...

My budget would be around the £1000 GBP mark

Thanking everyone in advance for your help.
Lance Dopestrong

Re: Finding a folding mountain bike (electric)

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

That's a very tall order indeed for £1000, unless you go used.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
stodd

Post by stodd »

Also look on Pedelecs https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... -i-buy.40/, which is more active than this forum.
As the previous poster suggested, you will not get what you want new ... and probably not second hand if it is in good state.

I wouldn't try to get GPS closely linked to the bike; you will pay over the odds for that. Just use your phone; but beware of battery usage, you might try to get a bike that has a USB charger from the battery, or carry an extra external phone backup charger.

You probably need to say more about how you want to use it so people can help you come to the right compromise.
hemo

Post by hemo »

Not pretty but might help you in your quest.
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?zephyr-2018