New Triban RC Flat Bar

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
bctbctbct

New Triban RC Flat Bar

Post by bctbctbct »

Hi all!

I know there are always a few billion questions here about the Triban bikes - understandably so as they're often such ridiculous value for money.
I was just wondering whether anyone here had bought or spent some time with the new Triban RC500 Flat Bar? The old B'Twin Triban 520 Flat Bar was really ace, and pretty universally loved in its price bracket (I was a huge fan), but the new disk brake RC500 Flat Bar has just come out and if anyone's given it a significant run-out I'd love to hear their thoughts. It's a wee bit more expensive than the old model (£529 vs £449), and I was wondering whether you thought the disk brakes were worth the extra £80? The new drop bar Triban RC range is ace, but it's never quite guaranteed that the improvement will be equal across the board - as we know a drop bar setup differs in quite a few ways to a flat bar.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have,

It's real cycling weather now!

Cheers.
thelawnet

Re: New Triban RC Flat Bar

Post by thelawnet »

£80 extra and mechanical discs?

Hmm, not sure myself.
murrayfm

Re: New Triban RC Flat Bar

Post by murrayfm »

Does anyone have any feedback on the Triban RC500 Flat Bar? I’ve seen a lot of reviews for the RC500 Disc Road Bike but none for the Flat Bar. And as per the previous poster, any sense of whether the RC500 Flat Bar is worth the extra money over the B’Twin Triban 520?
All advice appreciated...