New look Cycling UK clothing ... coming soon.

vat1666firerates1

Re: New look Cycling UK clothing ... coming soon.

Post by vat1666firerates1 »

gaz wrote:
steady eddy wrote:Oh what a can of worms I have opened

Don't worry AndyK has shut it quickly and firmly. I can't imagine that any of them had time to escape.

AK appears to be the trustees enforcer to shut down any decent from the membership :D
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

Looking at the photos I have decided not to order any of this apparel, as it appears to make the wearers grin inanely :lol:
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

vat1666firerates1 wrote:
gaz wrote:
steady eddy wrote:Oh what a can of worms I have opened

Don't worry AndyK has shut it quickly and firmly. I can't imagine that any of them had time to escape.

AK appears to be the trustees enforcer to shut down any decent from the membership :D

Ha! That idea would give the other trustees a good laugh.

In this case steady eddy said something that was demonstrably incorrect, so I drew his attention to the facts. Not sure how you think this is crushing dissent.
gaz

Post by gaz »

AndyK wrote:Not sure how you think this is crushing dissent.

I think that you may be opening a hat full of marmalade sandwiches :mrgreen: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

I am not sure there was anything "demonstrably incorrect" in my statement - I said - given their constant campaigning for road safety for cyclists why don't they offer brighter colours.

I made no statement that bright colours were any safer than dark colours - although personally I believe that to be the case - That judgement was forced on me by others.

All I want is choice, so that I can have a brighter coloured cycling uk top, that I and no doubt many others like me will feel safe wearing. Why others feel it necessary to denigrate this point of view I do not know.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

steady eddy wrote:I am not sure there was anything "demonstrably incorrect" in my statement - I said - given their constant campaigning for road safety for cyclists why don't they offer brighter colours.

I made no statement that bright colours were any safer than dark colours - although personally I believe that to be the case - That judgement was forced on me by others.

All I want is choice, so that I can have a brighter coloured cycling uk top, that I and no doubt many others like me will feel safe wearing. Why others feel it necessary to denigrate this point of view I do not know.

I was referring to the bit where you said:
I prefer to cycle in bright colours, (an option endorsed by Cycling UK)

I was just pointing out that it isn't "endorsed" by Cycling UK.

Personally I have no problem with you wearing bright colours - I favour bright red myself and I feel that it may improve my safety, but I accept that there is little scientific or statistical evidence to support my feeling. As with much else in life, "common sense" isn't always borne out by the facts.