Rethinking Safety

Wanlock Dod

Rethinking Safety

Post by Wanlock Dod »

This Finnish blog post is well worth a read.
mattheus

Re: Rethinking Safety

Post by mattheus »

That is excellent.

Nothing fundamentally new in there, but a lot of brilliant graphics and explanations. :)
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Thanks - very interesting
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

I popped the link in as a reply to a Chris Boardman Tweet on 10th that bemoaned

Worth pointing out...after decades of shaming people (& even getting them to shame each other) into high-viz & helmets, yesterday’s survey showed people feel less safe and accidents are up.

Experts always said not the answer...

*stops looking at twitter feed for next 3 days*

Fortunately he hadn't taken the 3 day leave of absence before checking it out, followed up with an endorsement and it's been quite widely re-Tweeted

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

pjclinch wrote:I popped the link in as a reply to a Chris Boardman Tweet on 10th that bemoaned

Worth pointing out...after decades of shaming people (& even getting them to shame each other) into high-viz & helmets, yesterday’s survey showed people feel less safe and accidents are up.

Experts always said not the answer...

*stops looking at twitter feed for next 3 days*

Fortunately he hadn't taken the 3 day leave of absence before checking it out, followed up with an endorsement and it's been quite widely re-Tweeted

Pete.

I saw that in chris Boardman's twitter feed. I thought it was quite good. I've been busy (travelling for work), but if someone else hadn't posted it here, I would have!
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom