e Fat: what's available top end?

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
tenbikes

e Fat: what's available top end?

Post by tenbikes »

Hi folks,
What is available on the market for quality e Fat?

so far I've only found the Cube Nutrail 500 and the Moustache Samedi 26 Wild : surely there must be more?
BrightonRock

Re: e Fat: what's available top end?

Post by BrightonRock »

I've test ridden an entry level Fat ebike and I have to say it was great experience. Don't think there's much added value in getting top end.
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

BrightonRock wrote:I've test ridden an entry level Fat ebike and I have to say it was great experience. Don't think there's much added value in getting top end.

This is true of most bikes but I have always built my bikes from frame up, and always with quality kit. I know all about the law of diminishing returns and a hammered bank a/c going this route :lol:

At least I'm looking at off the peg this time. :)
Galloper

Post by Galloper »

I've owned a Cube Nutrail for several years now and am very pleased with it. Like all Cube bikes it's well made and mine has been totally reliable. I've used it on a variety of red trails as well as longer distance natural rides and would happily recommend it. I have made a few changes, I replaced the original bars with Jones loop bars which are more comfortable and offer better control. I replaced the dropper post, which I never used, with a suspension seat post, to offer greater comfort on long rides.

If you want a well made and effective ride, the Cube is as much top end as you are likely to find. And it's an absolute hoot to ride :D
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Am I right in thinking that the Cube will take a rear rack? That might be the clincher, that and a grand cheaper!
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

tenbikes wrote:Hi folks,
What is available on the market for quality e Fat?

so far I've only found the Cube Nutrail 500 and the Moustache Samedi 26 Wild : surely there must be more?

Not sure why you think the Cube is not a top end bike. It has high end components, as well as a suspension fork and the Bosch CX motor.

I think availability might be your biggest challenge. I hope you are able to find one

Btw the racks for fat bikes are fat bike specific. meaning they must fit the super wide hub. I mounted a seat post rack that can hold up to 10 kg
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Marcus, we have a mis understanding: I was listing the Cube as one of the few high end fat e's I've found......

Now added the Mondraker Panzer efat, but that is 1,100£ more than the Cube. But it does have 197 rear axle rather than the 177 of the Cube, so will take fatter tyres than the 4" max on the Cube. And is c2kg lighter
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The wider the rear OLN and tyre,the wider the Q factor needed for the chain to clear the tyre and the heels to clear the chainstays which is made worse with longer cranks,this may or not bother you at all,OTOH it may.
If you're aware of all this disregarde my post.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Labrat

Post by Labrat »

Definitely full fat?

Theres quite a few high end 27.5 Plus bikes out there and some good deals available, reasonable backup available too - eg Trek and Spesh
tenbikes

Post by tenbikes »

Labrat wrote:Definitely full fat?

Theres quite a few high end 27.5 Plus bikes out there and some good deals available, reasonable backup available too - eg Trek and Spesh

Yes, def full fat. I'll run a second wheel set 29+ for when full fat is over kill.