camping chair hunt

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Tabby

Re: camping chair hunt

Post by Tabby »

You’ve got me thinking about my Helinox chair. I thought it was a Chair One when I got it last year prior to going to the York Rally. I thought it was a bit small but as I’m small myself I found it very comfortable and I was able to sit in my tent porch to read and cook etc. Never gave it another thought.......until now.
After reading this thread I realised my Chair seemed to be a bit on the light side at 500g. I’ve only gone and bought the kiddies version! :oops: Just as well my bum fits :lol:

Tabby
CTC member since 1985
RickH

Post by RickH »

I had an email from Bike24 (in Germany) & thought of this topic as they are now Helinox stockists. At the time of writing they even have a Ground Chair in stock. (Just the one!)

https://www.bike24.de/search?searchTerm=Helinox
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Hello, I once found this luxurious item whilst 'wild camping', previously abandoned by someone but easily adapted for us by me!

And no, I didn't take it with me when I continued on my way.

Happy days,
Attachments
Three legs are better than none..JPG
dinger207

Post by dinger207 »

Lidl were recently doing a Helinox copy for about £20. Might be worth looking on their website
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Must say I am a bit surprised that Decathlon hasn't got something decent in this area - just had a look at their website and all their offerings seem to be the more "old fashioned" sort of camping chair aimed more at folk in vans. I would consider a cheaper version of the ground chair.
Sweep
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Just noticed that Alppkit have got in to this game, see https://www.alpkit.com/products/vagabond-camping-chair
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

pjclinch wrote:Just noticed that Alppkit have got in to this game, see https://www.alpkit.com/products/vagabond-camping-chair

That looks the same as the Robens Pathfinder chair
LittleGreyCat

Trekology YIZI GO camping chair

Post by LittleGreyCat »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekology-YIZI-Portable-Camping-Chair/dp/B07NT77GT8/

Just stumbled across this and it seems a decent price.

Has anyone tried one?
Graham

Re: Trekology YIZI GO camping chair

Post by Graham »

No, but take a look at the weight => 960g

. . . nearly double the weight of a Helinox Chair Zero ( 510g approx )

I would not want to be dragging around all that extra weight - despite the much lower price.

PS. My Aldi version only weighs 760g approx ( £18 ). But that one does show indications of a short life.
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Graham wrote:No, but take a look at the weight => 960g

I would not want to be dragging around all that extra weight - despite the much lower price.

PS. My Aldi version only weighs 760g approx ( £18 ). But that one does show indications of a short life.

Yeah but a more reasonable comparison would be with the Helinox Chair One rather than the Chair Zero, and the Chair One is 960g.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Fair comment
RobinS

Post by RobinS »

It's very similar to the "Naturehike" ones we bought off Ebay 4 years ago. We have been very satisfied with those - it's only now after about 350 overnights use that the fabric on one has failed, and the other is still going strong. With these cheap Chinese made chairs though you pay your money and take your chance, as quality control is often non-existent.
ossie

Post by ossie »

rualexander wrote:
Graham wrote:No, but take a look at the weight => 960g

Yeah but a more reasonable comparison would be with the Helinox Chair One rather than the Chair Zero, and the Chair One is 960g.

I've been dragging around the Helinox chair one for a couple of years. Its my one luxury item and has transformed my trips.

I guess like everything the more you pay the lighter you can go.