** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
windmiller

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by windmiller »

bloody worked when I tried it, that's all I know, can't stand links, this is what i think of them:

srjfkjhsjdfhsjdhdjrjozwdroagsdiofskdviosejiojviojxdvozdocnjvoasdvjkdvjhdjkvnjknsdjhsdhvsdhvidzhvidfhvkxfhsdhjkxdvkjfd
scbdsvbsdhcbsdhbsdhvbsdbvsbvhsabcsbjksbdvkjsbdvjhzdvhdzfvhskhvsdhvsdhvjksdjkcjksdvjksdvjskvsjkdvsdjksdkjdskjvsdjk
dcdbzbcdbcdbdzzjdbdjddjdyesthedevilisinthedetailjshdhgdzhdghdghdsghdshdhdfhjhgsdhsdhdhfhdfhjsfhjsgfhfjhdhshafhsfhssh
sjdasjjasashbafbyawn
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well of course it worked when you tried it, the file is on your hard drive. Would this be any help?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
mjr

Post by mjr »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
661-Pete wrote:I tried googling the document name and got a partial match:
https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk ... ry/SN04334
which seems to be about prison populations. Don't know if this is relevant (to windy, if no-one else...)

Well, if that's the same source, it shows that 4030 out of 83263 prisoners are from the EEA, or 4.9%.

An interested observer might ask what the proportion in the overall population is...

At the time of last census (2011 - the UK is very poor at publishing population origin details outside of censuses), there were roughly 3.2m non-UK EU citizens, plus about another 100k from EFTA, so 3.3k out of a UK population of 63m then, which means 5.2% of the UK population is from other EEA countries... so it seems they're less likely to be in prison than the rest of the population!
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

661-Pete wrote:Well of course it worked when you tried it, the file is on your hard drive. Would this be any help?

That's very kind of you Pete, though I fail to appreciate that link which transported me to some shifty site called " The Bumper book of Computer Hacking for the Pointy Eared and Sneaky Eyed"
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

mjr wrote:... so it seems they're less likely to be in prison than the rest of the population!

Indeed so.

Anyone would think that someone quoting these figures without that context was deliberatly stoking a fear of foreigners.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Just back from an EU hustings, featuring current MEPs and new hopefuls.

Organised by the European Movement, no UKIP or Brexit party, so very much an echo chamber of remainers, but very informative nonetheless.

I even felt rather sorry for the Tory, obviously sensible, hard-working and marooned.
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

I've had a flier through my door today urging me to vote for Labour. It seems they're going to heal divisions within the nation, although they fail to print a single word explaining how exactly they intend to do that. No clue whatsoever what their Brexit stance may be, so they're hedging their bets rather than having the balls they'll reveal their ideology...if they even have one. And to think that the Bwexit Party are getting heat for having no policies!

Hell, it's even glossy so you can't wipe your behind with it. It'd be a lot simpler to simply place my waste paper basket directly under my letterbox for the next few weeks.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

windmiller wrote:
661-Pete wrote:Well of course it worked when you tried it, the file is on your hard drive. Would this be any help?

That's very kind of you Pete, though I fail to appreciate that link which transported me to some shifty site called " The Bumper book of Computer Hacking for the Pointy Eared and Sneaky Eyed"

Check your flour for the ergot!

Cugel, enjoying your gear-groans and sail-flaps.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:I've had a flier through my door today urging me to vote for Labour. It seems they're going to heal divisions within the nation, although they fail to print a single word explaining how exactly they intend to do that. No clue whatsoever what their Brexit stance may be, so they're hedging their bets rather than having the balls they'll reveal their ideology...if they even have one. And to think that the Bwexit Party are getting heat for having no policies!

Hell, it's even glossy so you can't wipe your behind with it. It'd be a lot simpler to simply place my waste paper basket directly under my letterbox for the next few weeks.

My own remedy will be to watch the many Doris Day films that will now appear on iPlayer and similar, until the voting frenzy is over. I was very impressed, when a lad, with Calamity Jane and had probably my first naughty thoughts when observing her buckskin leggings and jaunty cap, despite them being an emblem of another sort of naughtiness than my own (apparently).

Cugel, also once enamoured by Mizi Gaynor and Gina Lollobrigida.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

So far the only pulse I have stoked is alethephobia.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:I've had a flier through my door today urging me to vote for Labour. It seems they're going to heal divisions within the nation, although they fail to print a single word explaining how exactly they intend to do that. .....

I agree, it's daft and May has been doing it for ages, standing up saying how she's going to bring the country back together then 3 mins later she's pursuing her extreme supporters of brexit' agendas. They seem to think that just speaking the words "Going to heal divisions" will somehow magically solve the splits in the country!.

Ian
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

windmiller wrote:Yes I have to agree those 4 exhibits of the finest EU bureaucracy have worked wonders for the crime figures. Now we only have 4000 EU naughty persons residing @ HMPS Butlins at a bargain basement price of approximately £140 million to the tax payer.

Just as an aside could you let us know of your experiences in a UK prison which makes you think they are holiday camps?
John
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

windmiller wrote:So far the only pulse I have stoked is alethephobia.

Quit dodging the issue and answer the point.
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:Yes I have to agree those 4 exhibits of the finest EU bureaucracy have worked wonders for the crime figures. Now we only have 4000 EU naughty persons residing @ HMPS Butlins at a bargain basement price of approximately £140 million to the tax payer.

Just as an aside could you let us know of your experiences in a UK prison which makes you think they are holiday camps?

An aside to your aside, I never mentioned the words "holiday camps", I said "Butlins".
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
windmiller wrote:So far the only pulse I have stoked is alethephobia.

Quit dodging the issue and answer the point.

When I don't directly answer points, it's usually because I think that I have already done so, or the question is too ambiguous, or I just forget, apologies if it is the latter.