Facebook problems

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cunobelin

Facebook problems

Post by Cunobelin »

I am not going to go into details, but there are malicious posts on Facebook

I and others involved are unable to see as the individual has blocked us

We have a friend who is keeping us informed, but we do not wish to ask her to say anything as it would break our final connection as to the allegations being made

Is there any way I can get these posts removed... as I am blocked they cannot be flagged
bogmyrtle

Re: Facebook problems

Post by bogmyrtle »

Had something similar going on so would be interested in any responses.
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.
Lance Dopestrong

Post by Lance Dopestrong »

Unless they're grossly threatening, or blatantly of a nature ending in "ist", Facebook are unlikely to remove them I'm afraid my friend. This is the platform that has refused to remove Chris Packbam's home address after it was posted by disgruntled countryside types, and he's now getting death threats etc at home.

I avoid this sort of thing by not using their service. Yep, I am the only person in Western Europe not on Twitbook or Snapagram.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cytec 2 - exponent of hammer applied brute force.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:Unless they're grossly threatening, or blatantly of a nature ending in "ist", Facebook are unlikely to remove them I'm afraid my friend. This is the platform that has refused to remove Chris Packbam's home address after it was posted by disgruntled countryside types, and he's now getting death threats etc at home.

I avoid this sort of thing by not using their service. Yep, I am the only person in Western Europe not on Twitbook or Snapagram.

nope you are not. I dont use Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp or any other social media platform, dont know what those you mention are even dont even use LinkedIn any more
Lance Dopestrong

It's made a little easier for me, because I can't be asked to even get a smart phone.
MIAS L5.1 instructor - advanded road and off road skills, FAST aid and casualty care, defensive tactics, SAR skills, nav, group riding, maintenance, ride and group leader qual'd.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:It's made a little easier for me, because I can't be asked to even get a smart phone.

I raise your lack of any social media presence and no smart phone with no social media presence and no phone at all!

But hang on .... is this not social media, right here ..........?

I am Cugel and I am a CUKforum addict. (No others, mind).
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Cugel wrote:
Lance Dopestrong wrote:It's made a little easier for me, because I can't be asked to even get a smart phone.

I raise your lack of any social media presence and no smart phone with no social media presence and no phone at all!

I left fb about two years ago following their role in the US election and EU referendum. I have a what's app thingy with my wife and daughter so I can instantly share pics when I am away. I use Instagram for the same reason.
John
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Cugel wrote:

I left fb about two years ago following their role in the US election and EU referendum. I have a what's app thingy with my wife and daughter so I can instantly share pics when I am away. I use Instagram for the same reason.

whatsapp is owned and passes data to facebook? maybe transfer to use Vibe?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

mercalia wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
Cugel wrote:

whatsapp is owned and passes data to facebook? maybe transfer to use Vibe?

It is indeed owned by Fb, as is Instagram. But since I am not on fb and since on neither platform are there any views expressed, I am not sure what fb can do with the data. It is still unsatisfactory that one outfit controls so much.

I am certainly fed up with - although completely unmoved by - ads on Instagram.
John
Lance Dopestrong

mercalia wrote:whatsapp is owned and passes data to facebook? maybe transfer to use Vibe?

What, a sex toy? :shock:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Lance Dopestrong wrote: ...... I am the only person in Western Europe not on Twitbook or Snapagram.
No you're not. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
horizon

Post by horizon »

Mick F wrote:
Lance Dopestrong wrote: ...... I am the only person in Western Europe not on Twitbook or Snapagram.

There could be a lot of similar posts coming this way .... :D

I was never under pressure to join Facebook or Twitter (I cannot believe anyone has a Twitter account except for professional reasons), but I regularly come under pressure to join Whatsapp. The recent security blip has made me feel smug though ... :lol:
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mick F wrote:

Me too not :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Mick F wrote:

Me too not :wink:
+1. I think that makes it six of us so far - or is it seven?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

No smartphone and this forum is the closest I get to social media. At times I get to feel unpleasantly smug.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?