Linear Limo

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
foreversummer

Linear Limo

Post by foreversummer »

Anyone in the U.K. got one of the newer USA Linear Limo LWB either folding or non folding versions? Just wanted some thoughts on the bike?
UpWrong

Re: Linear Limo

Post by UpWrong »

Hi. I'd be very surprised if anyone in the UK has one. The tall seat height is the reason I excluded it from consideration but I'm confident you'd be ok. I'm impressed by the design and the compny. It should be easier to keep in a straight line than the Stratus when climbing thanks to the indirect underseat steering and the smaller amount of trail. I think you'd like it. :D
nigelnightmare

Post by nigelnightmare »

I've got an older Linear LWB folding '95/'96 model.
Comfy, stable, easier to learn on than some lower recumbents.
The seat is higher and more upright than most making it an ideal tourer as you can fit a standard rear rack and lowrider front rack.
Most of your braking power comes from the rear brake.

HTH
foreversummer

Post by foreversummer »

Thanks for the replies and your thoughts
recumbentpanda

Post by recumbentpanda »

I too have the old ‘Iowa-built’ Linear. It is no speed machine, despite relatively light weight, but is certainly a very pleasant tourer. As with all long wheelbase bents the rear wheel, as mentioned, is the one for heavy braking, and the front, being lightly loaded should generally be left strictly alone on any kind of bend or loose surface.

My understanding is that the new Linear does not differ significantly in frame geometry, but has been re-engineered to much higher standards, and has acquired the much better seat from Rans. I am guessing it would be a little speedier and more responsive, but just as competent as a relaxed long distance tourer.