Decathlon mail order

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
peetee

Decathlon mail order

Post by peetee »

Not recommended.
The item, a Sora cranksets, was listed as in stock was ordered on Monday, dispatched on Friday and arrived Tuesday. They state 48 hour delivery but the processing time before that is inexcusable.
The cranksets was bagged and boxed but loose so one crank has bounced around in there and scratched the other. Also it is a later generation to that described and pictured; R3000 not 3500 as required.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
pete75

Re: Decathlon mail order

Post by pete75 »

Have had several mail orders from Decathlon over the last couple of years. All arrived quickly, well packed, as described and undamaged. Recommended.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mjr

Post by mjr »

I've also had no problems with a couple of orders, but I've mainly bought clothing not parts.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Always had top quality mail order from Decathlon ....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

mjr wrote:I've also had no problems with a couple of orders, but I've mainly bought clothing not parts.

Another one for clothing orders and had them sent to a locker collection point which I can get to on my way to work, only issue with that is the driver drops the parcels after I've passed through the area. Not having a local Decathlon I do my instore viewing at the Decathlon branch in Barcelona and if there are items that take my fancy then I'll order them online once I get the sizing sorted.
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

I find that Decathlon's mail order invariably takes longer than they say it will. Sometimes MUCH longer.

It would be preferable if they gave accurate, but slow, time estimates.

Others such as Wiggle are much more reliable.

The actual products are good
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

I've ordered a couple of items from Decathlon, though never cycle parts (or clothing). Everything's always arrived promptly, but one item had damage to a small plastic component. Impossible to say for sure whether this happened in their delivery van, the warehouse, or in my backpack on the way home from the collection point, but they promptly and without fuss sent a replacement part free of charge.
peetee

Post by peetee »

Further to my OP.
I have sent them an email of complaint and they have countered it by stating that the item arrived earlier that expected. Given the item was supposed to be sent 48h delivery their estimate (declared post payment/checkout I might add) of 2 week delivery is way off and to suggest I should be happy with 7 day turnaround is not on.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Ray

Post by Ray »

thelawnet wrote:I find that Decathlon's mail order invariably takes longer than they say it will. Sometimes MUCH longer.

It would be preferable if they gave accurate, but slow, time estimates.

Others such as Wiggle are much more reliable.

The actual products are good

My experience exactly. Slow to despatch, poor tracking, late arrival. Nothing wrong with the goods, though.
I complained, suggested they take a look at the far superior operation of Wiggle and others, and told them I'd not be mail ordering again. I seem to remember having previously used their click and collect from the store, which worked OK.

It seems they're not really interested in mail order.
Ray
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell
truckturner

Post by truckturner »

Ordered a Dynamo wheel last week. When I went to check out delivery the local store was 03/04/2019 or home 02/04/2019. They gave this information at the checkout before I ordered it. It is arriving tomorrow by DPD who have informed me of the time. Sure its a long wait about 8 days in total against the original 14 and I would like it quicker but this is not an item stocked in store and probably comes from a French depot. However I have just bought a £30 Shimano dynamo wheel for my going to the shop bike and at that price I don't mind the wait. let you know how I get on o this index with the wheel Cheers Peter
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I was also going to post about the slow delivery time offered by Decathlon. I ordered an RS11 rear wheel and a Triban gear hanger last Friday 22nd March. I was also offered delivery date of 1st or 2nd April, a full 11 days after ordering.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
pga

Post by pga »

I have used click and collect, usually clothing, from my local Decathlon without any problems.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

pga wrote:I have used click and collect, usually clothing, from my local Decathlon without any problems.

That’s ok if the local store has it in stock. If they don’t then you’ll be waiting ages for the item to come from France. 11 days for me. I’ve had stuff from China quicker.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
irc

Post by irc »

Ordered item for click and collect at local Asda. Arrived within 48 hours. Guess it depends what percentage they Ness up.
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

You must have had a bad week.decathlon for me has always been super reliability