Sanctions?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
merseymouth

Sanctions?

Post by merseymouth »

Hello again, Sorry that I have been unable to respond to some of the stuff waffled about, but I was "Banned" from access without any form of defence!
For questioning the misuse of words by certain posters it was deemed "Abusive"?
No replies were offered to messages asking for an explanation, just user name blocked??? Initially the embargo was to run until 2-27pm on 4th June, but surprisingly I find it now open! Curiouser and curiouser as Alice would say.
So as I see it certain posters can get very acute in their rants, but others suffer sanctions for asking impertinent or pertinent questions, some folk can use the Humpty Dumpty flexibility of words but other suffer doing so?
Abuse should be brought to account, but across the board not just one sector!
I have suffered personal abuse by some on this forum, as have others, but apparently I am fair game but other are classed as "Protected Species"?
Well, I give fair warning, If I see posting that stray towards the line of unfair comment or style I will make efforts to get sanctions applied against such posters, that is surely fair. MM
Cyril Haearn

Re: Sanctions?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Haven't noticed any bad language from you mm, but could you be suffering from football fever? :wink:
Are people banned/suspended for a certain time only? Would like to know more
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

It can't be that you're mad as a bat on ergot, as many of us are. :-)

Cugel, flitting about randomly.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Cudgel, I've got a certificate that says I've had my head tested! The men in White Coats delivered it along with a nice warm jacket that belts up around the back :roll: .
But I've also been in loads of mental hospitals, they even let me drive out. IGICB MM
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

We had an old chap at work who was, shall we say, slightly eccentric.
One day someone said he was mad, to which he replied that he was the only person there who had a certificate to prove he wasn't. :)

And I love (and feel it most appropriate) the way you call that chap on here Cudgel :lol: :wink:
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Fausto, I think that I assumed he'd bashed my head in :oops: , sorry Cugel.
As they say "You can say what you like about me as long as you spell my name right"! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: TTFN MM
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

fausto copy wrote:We had an old chap at work who was, shall we say, slightly eccentric.
One day someone said he was mad, to which he replied that he was the only person there who had a certificate to prove he wasn't. :)

And I love (and feel it most appropriate) the way you call that chap on here Cudgel :lol: :wink:

The cudgel, rapier and small stab-dagger (all in a wordy format, of course) are necessary instruments of defense around here! There's always someone trying to sneak up on you to place a distraction-bag about your heed as he rifles your pocket for evidence of incorrect notions. If the Cugel cudgel doesn't see 'em orf, I swishes a sharp word or two at them. It's also possible to send in Bryn, as a sort of stalking horse.

MM tends to use an old blunderbuss that often blows back in his face. Al, our Pal, often blows hisself up before he can place his teeny fizz bangs where he intends, although they only go "phut!". Another is forever shooting his own foot, perhaps because of his often unnatural ankling. Mick F often presses the wrong red button, launching a consequence-missile he didn't intend.

But what of your own preferred mode of defense agin' the outrageous cyber slings and arrows? A smart rap o' the ruler to the mental knuckles perhaps?

Cugel the pugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
merseymouth

Post by merseymouth »

Hi Leguc, Oop's, I thought that a blunderbuss was one of them bendy things that BoJo inflicted on the Metropolis?
We had them as hand me downs in Liverpool, but they seemed clean running with no blow-backs!
IGICB MM
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Meanwhile arch blatherer Cugel, who obviously has nothing better to do spends most of his day writing meaningless epistles no on can be bothered to read... :? As we head remorslessly towards a hard Brexit we leavers rub our hands with glee.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Keep it up Cugel,or should that be take up the Cugels,keep giving a nudgel to those who keep making a fudgel.....

......PS,am I safe :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I try to read and believe six Cugelposts a day, *after* breakfast :wink:
Does Cu-gel have to do with Cu-rmudgeon? (spellchecker suggested Cymru) :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
hondated

Post by hondated »

merseymouth wrote:Hello again, Sorry that I have been unable to respond to some of the stuff waffled about, but I was "Banned" from access without any form of defence!
No replies were offered to messages asking for an explanation, just user name blocked??? Initially the embargo was to run until 2-27pm on 4th June, but surprisingly I find it now open! Curiouser and curiouser as Alice would say.
So as I see it certain posters can get very acute in their rants, but others suffer sanctions for asking impertinent or pertinent questions, some folk can use the Humpty Dumpty flexibility of words but other suffer doing so?
I have suffered personal abuse by some on this forum, as have others, but apparently I am fair game but other are classed as "Protected Species"?
Well, I give fair warning, If I see posting that stray towards the line of unfair comment or style I will make efforts to get sanctions applied against such posters, that is surely fair. MM

I think this has prompted me to ask the questions I have had on my mind for some time now.

1) Who appoints the moderators
2) Are the moderators representative of all of the countries regions.
3) What is the age profile of the moderators.
4) How many moderators are there.
5) Are the moderators representative of the forums ethnicity diversity & religious beliefs.
Not unreasonable questions so hopefully someone could give me the answers I am seeking.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote:Meanwhile arch blatherer Cugel, who obviously has nothing better to do spends most of his day writing meaningless epistles no on can be bothered to read... :? As we head remorslessly towards a hard Brexit we leavers rub our hands with glee.

Al

Another of your squibs goes phut! :-)

Cugel, already done today 10X what you do in a week.
John Maynard Keynes
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

reohn2 wrote:Keep it up Cugel,or should that be take up the Cugels,keep giving a nudgel to those who keep making a fudgel.....

......PS,am I safe :shock:

No one is safe.

Al thinks he is .... but he hasn't yet learnt about cause and effect in the realm of the political, as he prefers a big spangley wishful thunk and a damp squib to those wishing for summick else! Anyway, why eat humble pie when you can gobble Farage fudge?

Cugel
John Maynard Keynes
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

hondated wrote:
merseymouth wrote:Hello again, Sorry that I have been unable to respond to some of the stuff waffled about, but I was "Banned" from access without any form of defence!

I think this has prompted me to ask the questions I have had on my mind for some time now.

1) Who appoints the moderators
2) Are the moderators representative of all of the countries regions.
3) What is the age profile of the moderators.
4) How many moderators are there.
5) Are the moderators representative of the forums ethnicity diversity & religious beliefs.
Not unreasonable questions so hopefully someone could give me the answers I am seeking.

For these questions to be reasonable, CUK will have to collect vast reams of data about all members, or at least those who frequent the forum. This data will include ethnicity (even if we don't believe in the validity of such a notion) as well as religion (even if we don't have any - why is that significant) skin colour, head bump topology and much else that may be invalid, irrelevant, private or just plain made-up.

I like the notion of a mysterious god-like moderator or two. The mortals of the forum should never know what the moderators think of them, except via cryptic clues that are so cryptic they can't be worked out by mere mortals. This emulates the life-situation of most of us, who have no idea why things happen to us, who is doing it or how to influence them.

Cugel, no Prometheus.

You first. :-)

Cugel
John Maynard Keynes