I was hit............... really

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
skyhawk

I was hit............... really

Post by skyhawk »

I know I am old, 62, as it says I am also Autistic, but not stupid.

Years ago someone said to me Ride in the gutter get treated like rubbish

I don't ride in the gutter but I do ride about 2' out, when going round a button roundabout a while back, hand out indicating RIGHT,second exit, I was followed round by a car, the passenger said "get off the road you fast C" leaned out and punched me.

You needed to be there ??????????????

OK I am not 18, but I was riding safely and about 12mph
Both I and my son are Autistic. We have aspergers and ADHD, not stupid :). If I sound "blunt" in my posts, please be understanding : I am not perfect. Thank you. Visit https://www.asdinfowales.co.uk/ to learn more
The utility cyclist

Re: I was hit............... really

Post by The utility cyclist »

Hope you're okay. did you get the reg number, if so report to police and maybe check to see if there is any CCTV in the vicinity of the assault.
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

Side road, and they drove off too fast, lesson learned, go pros
Both I and my son are Autistic. We have aspergers and ADHD, not stupid :). If I sound "blunt" in my posts, please be understanding : I am not perfect. Thank you. Visit https://www.asdinfowales.co.uk/ to learn more
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Yes the camera sounds like a good investment: go for it. Having said that, I've had a camera on the bike (intermittently) for several years now, sent one or two videos to the police, but nothing came of it - yet!

Hope you weren't hurt in that nasty incident, and pity you couldn't get the reg. (but understandable). About 12 years ago I was punched from an overtaking car near Lewes - on that occasion I was lucky enough to get the numberplate, and I called the police. That time, they did follow it up and got hold of the perpetrator - a front-seat passenger who admitted the offence and having been drunk at the time - he got off with a police caution (and a criminal record for Common Assault...)

Many years earlier, in the early 1980s I think, I was pushed off my bike into the verge, sustaining scratches but nothing serious, this time it was a passenger in an overtaking white van. That time I didn't get the number. I reported that to the police but nothing came of it.

I hope you have better luck in following up the case.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
londonbikerider

Post by londonbikerider »

Sorry to hear that, there should be no excuse for such behaviour, intimidating or assaulting another road user.
Hopefully you can get help and witnesses, and report this moron to the Police!
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

londonbikerider wrote:Sorry to hear that, there should be no excuse for such behaviour, intimidating or assaulting another road user.

I should have, I was wrong not to.
londonbikerider

Post by londonbikerider »

skyhawk wrote:
londonbikerider wrote:Sorry to hear that, there should be no excuse for such behaviour, intimidating or assaulting another road user.

I should have, I was wrong not to.

I completely understand, when those things happen isn't always automatic to do the most rational thing. Been there more than once, sadly.