Tory leader - place your bets

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cugel

Re: Tory leader - place your bets

Post by Cugel »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:
I wonder how you think women reading this will feel.
I'm a red-blooded male.
Her looks appeal to me.

Not being sexist or disparaging to women. Just making light of a turgid boring subject that no-one in the public domain has any input to despite the fact that the "winner" will probably be our prime minister.

Considering that, I don't care who "wins" but it would be nice if the "winner" was nice to look at. What they have to say is going to be pointless anyway.

The question I asked was "I wonder how you think women reading this will feel."

Not how you feel about it.

Mick doessn't know how other people feel - or how to know how other people feel. It's how he is, not the choice of a bad man.

All of us are the products of our upbringing, culture, genes et al. Some are stuck with all that and can't change it. Mick, for instance, tells us that he decided agin' the EU 50 years ago and hasn't changed his mind. I've come to realise it's because he can't. This is likely to be the case concerning his opinions on various other matters.

He'll correct me if I'm entirely wrong.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Spinners wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
Spinners wrote:
Shouldn't that be the minority of Scots :lol:

Where did you get that opinion from? Seems a bit dated to me. :D

I read about some sort of 'once in a generation' Scottish Independence Referendum :wink: that happened in 2014.

Read the next line "or significant change in circumstances" :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Mick F wrote:[qu.

I'm not making lewd comments or anything sexist. She's already had her photographs in the DM as I showed on the other thread. I'd no idea what she looked like before I Googled her.

Married 46 years with two grown-up daughters. :D

Are you happy with the fact she successfully claimed £8,750 for her photographs?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... otographer
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

Paulatic wrote:
Mick F wrote:[qu.

I'm not making lewd comments or anything sexist. She's already had her photographs in the DM as I showed on the other thread. I'd no idea what she looked like before I Googled her.

Are you happy with the fact she successfully claimed £8,750 for her photographs?

£8,750 pays for a lot of photoshopping. Perhaps Mick is looking at the 'after' pics.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Mick F wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:The question I asked was "I wonder how you think women reading this will feel."
Not how you feel about it.
I don't know. I can't answer for women everywhere. That's up to them, not you.
I do know that women are very happy to be admired.

Mick, the question was not related to the hue of your corpuscles, your fecundity or your marital arrangements. Why you have brought them up is a mystery to me.

It was merely to your views on how women would feel reading your post (in the context of many other earlier posts from you and others) focusing yet again on the appearance and sexual attractiveness or otherwise of female politicians.

Cugel has filled the lacuna left by your diversions. Is he correct in his appraisal?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

She is now out of the race what has all this got to do with the new PM? The discussion should get back to the subject in the title. Seems to me that people with a Leave POV stand to get constant harrasment by the same small group of people.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

Paulatic wrote:
Spinners wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
Where did you get that opinion from? Seems a bit dated to me. :D

I read about some sort of 'once in a generation' Scottish Independence Referendum :wink: that happened in 2014.

In the wise words of The Proclaimers, "it's over and done with".
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

Spinners wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
Spinners wrote:

In the wise words of The Proclaimers, "it's over and done with".

Evidently, in the minds of many people, it is not over and done with, any more than Brexit is over and done with, or independence for Chechnya, or the case for liberalisation of drug laws. Rights for non-whites in South Africa were not over and done with, though there was no legislative avenue to challenge apartheid. Legislation about blood sports is not over and done with.

It would be convenient if subjects could be closed down, but as long as someone wants to keep them alive, they can't be. Many dictators have concluded that the only way to close down a political force is to kill every single one of its proponents. And all their families and friends. God knows, many have tried that method. It doesn't work.

The subject of Scottish independence is alive and well.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mick F wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:That's a shame, she looks so nice too. In fact, quite a looker. Not enough to make me want to buy a telly though. :wink:

I'm a red-blooded male.
Her looks appeal to me.

Who is the best-looking mail candidate?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

bovlomov wrote:
The subject of Scottish independence is alive and well.

Agreed. And I wouldn't want it any other way (it's so entertaining).
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Mick F wrote:
roubaixtuesday wrote:
I'm a red-blooded male.
Her looks appeal to me.

Who is the best-looking mail candidate?

I prefer royal mail but I could go off them if they keep coming out with white vans.

Ukmail I dislike because they're the ones that deal with business mailings and then use royal mail to deliver. I don't like junk mail.

Deutche poste? Yeah, they're OK too.

:wink:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

And what did you do for us Mr Johnson?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... GTUK_email
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Another question that now poses itself, given Johnson's first round result, is what a Johnson cabinet would look like?

Hammond I think would leave, one way or the other, and a couple of others, I guess.

So IBS as Home Secretary?
Rees Mogg Chancellor?
Gove stays at environment, (he likes growing things)?
Leadsom, prisons minister?

The prospect is very unedifying.
But solace lies in the fact that it won't last long!

Ps. I forgot, David Davies as Brexit Minister.
Last edited by PDQ Mobile on 14 Jun 2019, 8:49am, edited 1 time in total.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Without any hint of irony, the Daily T headline appeals to vanity candidates to drop out to give Johnson a clear run.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

As I've posted for a long time now, there is no party or politician I feel I could vote for. Tories under may was bad, under BJ it's a nightmare. Can anyone say cut price trump for pm? Seriously, he's like a pathetic version of trump right down to a not healthy to women relationship with women. By that he has the faithfulness to partners / wives of a whoring leader of the free world.

Sorry but we need a Corbyn disaster of a government to sort our political landscape out. I'm going to hold my nose and vote labour when the ge comes. I'm getting depressed because when I couldn't vote for tories I've always had a good prospect in labour. Now I haven't.