Summer sun advice

horizon

Re: Summer sun advice

Post by horizon »

bikercolin: did you have a point regarding this?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
bikercolin

Post by bikercolin »

Im allways looking out for good advice, following Maiignant Melonoma with disfiguring surgury and five years of follow up treatment.
Throughout this time I have come to see us as a high risk group, meeting other cyclists with skin cancer at my follow up appointments.
horizon

Post by horizon »

Thanks for that and sorry to hear about your melanoma.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

I use a fair bit of sunscreen and don't want to sound like I'm dismissing the importance of protecting one's self, but the blurb under Myth 6 seemed odd, to say the least.

The point that "Some studies have found that tans only offer protection equivalent to using factor 3 sunscreen" was linked to a single study in which volunteers were all tanned to the same level using UV lamps, and that level was found to be equivalent to factor three. The author might as well have argued that sunscreens only really offer factor 3 protection, and linked to a study comparing several factor 3 sunscreens.
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot