ICE VTX 2019

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
ONETAL

ICE VTX 2019

Post by ONETAL »

Anyone out there got the new VTX, just ordered one. Would like to hear what you think of it. I have a old one about 6 years old, looking forward to see if there is much difference in how it ride's.
belgiangoth

Re: ICE VTX 2019

Post by belgiangoth »

Does that mean you'll have a 6yo VTX for sale?
(no, it's on my n+1 list but I have no money)
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Aero rims and aero drum brakes this year. Plus a bent cross-axle which might make it easier to mount and dismount.
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

Sorry belgiangoth no it's not for sale, I'm going to keep the mudguards and rack on and have it as a winter come shopping trike. The new one is getting delivered today.
D.TEK HPVS

Post by D.TEK HPVS »

Gosh 5 days from your order and with you today ……….just proves how quick the new VTX is :wink:
Lots of changes and subtle improvements during the last six years .
Black of course is a much faster colour :lol:
Well done and great choice .
hercule

Post by hercule »

I love my 2018 model, plus I prefer white to black! My only envy is the drum brakes you can get with the current model. I know they can be retrofitted but it would mess up the colour scheme... :roll:
ONETAL

Post by ONETAL »

First ride out on the new VTX, a bit more flighty at high speed than the old VTX. Descending Strawberry Hill the old vtx would be rock solid at 50m.p.h I had to back off a bit at 47m.p.h on the new one. Did quite a lot of climbing today, I needs a bigger cassette for the big hills to match my other two trikes.