Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

windmiller

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by windmiller »

Trump isn't mad. He just doesn't do politically correct which appeals to a lot of people who don't do it either - or secretly wish they never had to.
He's rude for sure but again that goes down well with many just as much as it gives offence to the self styled morally superior crowd.
His worst mistake so far and there have been a fair few, is to pick a fight with Iran, which will make Israel happy in the short term.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

windmiller wrote:Trump isn't mad. He just doesn't do politically correct which appeals to a lot of people who don't do it either - or secretly wish they never had to.
He's rude for sure but again that goes down well with many just as much as it gives offence to the self styled morally superior crowd.
His worst mistake so far and there have been a fair few, is to pick a fight with Iran, which will make Israel happy in the short term.

I agree that Trump isn't mad.

He is simply bad.
John
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:Trump isn't mad. He just doesn't do politically correct which appeals to a lot of people who don't do it either - or secretly wish they never had to.

He is simply bad.

Obama was no friend of the UK, so what does that make him?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

He is simply bad.

The question wasn't about either Obama or Trumps's friendship with the UK. These are different questions. My view is that Trump is a bad man, regardless of whether or not he is a friend of the U.K.
John
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

He is simply bad.

The question wasn't about either Obama or Trumps's friendship with the UK. These are different questions. My view is that Trump is a bad man, regardless of whether or not he is a friend of the U.K.

Well we both agreed that Trump is not mad and strayed off subject, as you did when you called him bad.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

windmiller wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
windmiller wrote:

Well we both agreed that Trump is not mad and strayed off subject, as you did when you called him bad.

Ok, we agree. Stating that Trump is bad is straying off subject.
John
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

sighs
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Not mad, but a very limited intellect, a thin skin and an unlimited ego. He also seems to have no faculty for shame or embarrassment.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

He's bad. Look at his response to an allegation of rape. He says "she's not my type". So supposing she was his type ... And how he has treated immigrant children: separated them from their parents, kept them in squalor. And going around trying to cause WW3.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Don't have confirmation of this yet but I have it on good authority that in his (currently ongoing) 4th July celebrations speech, Trump just referred to Alexander Graham Bell as 'one of the great Americans'.

To be fair, he might have been referring to another Alexander Graham Bell; the one I know of was Scottish and invented the telephone.

Aw, for God's sake, how bad does it have to get? :roll:
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Just in case anyone didn't believe the above (tbh I didn't either)...

"He also discussed U.S. accomplishments, from Alexander Graham Bell and the telephone to the Wright Brothers and the airplane."
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... 648314001/

What is wrong with these people? :(
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

He also claimed that the US army took over the airports from the British at independence.
John
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

kylecycler wrote:Just in case anyone didn't believe the above (tbh I didn't either)...

"He also discussed U.S. accomplishments, from Alexander Graham Bell and the telephone to the Wright Brothers and the airplane."

In the interests of fairness: A. G. Bell developed the telephone in the US and later became a US citizen. Enticing him over there and providing the means and opportunity to use his talents could be described as accomplishments. I suppose they could be described as poaching, too... :lol:
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Pastychomper wrote:
kylecycler wrote:Just in case anyone didn't believe the above (tbh I didn't either)...

In the interests of fairness: A. G. Bell developed the telephone in the US and later became a US citizen. Enticing him over there and providing the means and opportunity to use his talents could be described as accomplishments. I suppose they could be described as poaching, too... :lol:

And the Pilgrim Fathers secretly developed an aeroplane centuries before anyone else.
John