Stupid that I am, advice please

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
TrevA

Re: Stupid that I am, advice please

Post by TrevA »

Best to always ride out into the wind, if you can. Then on the return journey when you are not feeling as fresh, you will have the wind behind you.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

TrevA wrote:Best to always ride out into the wind, if you can. Then on the return journey when you are not feeling as fresh, you will have the wind behind you.

Yeah - been there, done that, but there's many-a-time that the wind changes while your having your snap/dinner/luncheon :( :( :( ...............I was going put a laughing smiley on that, but it's not so funny when you're 50 miles from home, and the rain is just starting..
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

JohnW wrote:
TrevA wrote:Best to always ride out into the wind, if you can. Then on the return journey when you are not feeling as fresh, you will have the wind behind you.

Yeah - been there, done that, but there's many-a-time that the wind changes while your having your snap/dinner/luncheon :( :( :( ...............I was going put a laughing smiley on that, but it's not so funny when you're 50 miles from home, and the rain is just starting..

I never imagined that what I would call a nice breeze when out for a walk and a coffee could be such a killer when cycling
Both I and my son are Autistic. We have aspergers and ADHD, not stupid :). If I sound "blunt" in my posts, please be understanding : I am not perfect. Thank you. Visit https://www.asdinfowales.co.uk/ to learn more
hamster

Post by hamster »

skyhawk wrote:I never imagined that what I would call a nice breeze when out for a walk and a coffee could be such a killer when cycling

Wind resistance goes up with the square of speed. So riding at 10mph has something like 25x the drag compared to walking!

Looking at your bike, posted elsewhere here, with its almost bolt upright position certainly doesn't help going into the wind. It may well be that you have back or skeletal problems (for which you have my sympathy) but trying to get lower on the bike helps a lot.