WIMPS Coast To Coast 2019

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
flash

Re: WIMPS Coast To Coast 2019

Post by flash »

Hippo birdy two ewe. Have a good one...
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Thanks guys.
What a wonderful 60th last year ... the ride from Carlisle to Abington, 2nd breakfast at the Gretna Cafe, terrifying the local drivers at Beattock with the application of Sudocreme, the climb up to Beattock Summit and the wonderful party at the campsite curtesy of the girls ... wonderful day ... all in bed for 9 ...lol
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
KFT

Post by KFT »

Happy Birthday David.

If i remember correctly this was also the day when our backup crew had much hilarity with the Cock of the North / Penis tree plantation off the M74 :lol:
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

KFT wrote:Happy Birthday David.

If i remember correctly this was also the day when our backup crew had much hilarity with the Cock of the North / Penis tree plantation off the M74 :lol:

Rode that direction this morning up to the summit. What a head wind it was today thankfully we didn’t have it last year.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
flash

Post by flash »

Image :lol:
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

This was the day I left the wimps and returned to our caravan with mixed emotions.
I was very pleased to get to the van but sad to leave the Wimps and our adventure
I'm not getting older,just gaining more experience
John100

Post by John100 »

Must have been a sad day for you Ken as it was for us, but you're safe and well now and raring to go! Just catching up a bit after 2 new local grandchildren end of April and end of June! Breathe!! How is the search for a driver going? Do they have to be under 70 for insurance purposes? Do they get camping/b&b paid for but pay for food? What is the pick up and drop off situation? I was going to take car up to Whitehaven and leave it there possibly collecting JW if he wanted a lift and get train back from Newcastle to Whitehaven. I'm happy to do that or be picked up etc!
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

The only restriction on the driver is that they hold a full UK driving licence and are over 18.
Be more Mike.
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

landsurfer wrote:The only restriction on the driver is that they hold a full UK driving licence and are over 18.

When I asked when I had the accident I was told I was to old I was 71 then
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

John100 wrote:Must have been a sad day for you Ken as it was for us, but you're safe and well now and raring to go! Just catching up a bit after 2 new local grandchildren end of April and end of June! Breathe!! How is the search for a driver going? Do they have to be under 70 for insurance purposes? Do they get camping/b&b paid for but pay for food? What is the pick up and drop off situation? I was going to take car up to Whitehaven and leave it there possibly collecting JW if he wanted a lift and get train back from Newcastle to Whitehaven. I'm happy to do that or be picked up etc!

Only Landsurfer can answer the pick up drop off situation he is the logistic experts
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

oldmanonabike wrote:
landsurfer wrote:The only restriction on the driver is that they hold a full UK driving licence and are over 18.

When I asked when I had the accident I was told I was to old I was 71 then

Thats because we have a new insurer Ken.
One with less restrictions ...
Be more Mike.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

oldmanonabike wrote:
John100 wrote:Must have been a sad day for you Ken as it was for us, but you're safe and well now and raring to go! Just catching up a bit after 2 new local grandchildren end of April and end of June! Breathe!! How is the search for a driver going? Do they have to be under 70 for insurance purposes? Do they get camping/b&b paid for but pay for food? What is the pick up and drop off situation? I was going to take car up to Whitehaven and leave it there possibly collecting JW if he wanted a lift and get train back from Newcastle to Whitehaven. I'm happy to do that or be picked up etc!

Only Landsurfer can answer the pick up drop off situation he is the logistic experts

Those that want picked up will be, those that want dropped off will be.
Those that want both will receive both.
Apart from the need for a driver for the Ride Phase all is covered.
A fall back driver is in place but we'll have pay her airfare, and accommodation, and put up with her evil sense of humour ....
Trust me .... lets find a driver ....
Be more Mike.
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

I wil try again I ruled out the seventies pity it's not an automatic one of my younger friends would have enjoyed it
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

landsurfer wrote:
oldmanonabike wrote:

Those that want picked up will be, those that want dropped off will be.
Those that want both will receive both.
Apart from the need for a driver for the Ride Phase all is covered.
A fall back driver is in place but we'll have pay her airfare, and accommodation, and put up with her evil sense of humour ....
Trust me .... lets find a driver ....

I hope she doesn't live in Australia I've already spent my budget
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

Sorry to say I can't persuade anyone to be backup driver over to everyone else