Like Dislike buttons

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
661-Pete

Re: Like Dislike buttons

Post by 661-Pete »

Please NO! No "Like/Dislike" buttons. They are pointless and may spawn trouble. Let people keep it to themselves, whether they like or dislike a post.

Believe me, I speak from experience back on the astronomy forums, years ago.

[Typed from Argentina, awaiting Total Eclipse tomorrow :D ]
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Plus One! Please to report from your travels, have you been able to practise your Welsh down there? Are the people friendly? Does one be sure not to mention the Malvinas?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mjr

Post by mjr »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Plus One! Please to report from your travels, have you been able to practise your Welsh down there? Are the people friendly? Does one be sure not to mention the Malvinas?

Oh, the irony! A post with a "like" combined with off-topic rambling, objecting to the idea of "like"s! :lol:
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mjr wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Plus One! Please to report from your travels, have you been able to practise your Welsh down there? Are the people friendly? Does one be sure not to mention the Malvinas?

Oh, the irony! A post with a "like" combined with off-topic rambling, objecting to the idea of "like"s! :lol:

To be fair, I added my off-topic rambling bit in italics, in brackets - so as to make it clear that people could skip over that bit. And I still think we don't need the 'like' button. I don't mind the "+1"s though I rarely post them myself.

[Off topic: no, not that part of Argentina: and luckily my Spanish is a tad better than my Welsh which is confined to Bore Da and Iechyd Da. And unwise to utter the word "Falklands" out loud. We did visit and take pics of the Malvinas war memorial in San Juan.]
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

We already have polls, mine have up to ten possible answers, sometimes one may choose more than one, may even change one's vote later*, that should be enough, it is much more than 'like/unlike'

*that could have been a way out of This Madness :?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
rmurphy195

New facility - "Like"?

Post by rmurphy195 »

I've seen this on other boards - from time to time I see an individual post who's contnet has been useful. It would be good, I think, if I could "Like" it, or some other thing where I could say "its useful".
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
mjr

Re: New facility - "Like"?

Post by mjr »

Previous discussion at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103379

I don't know if anything has changed.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.