Trident Trike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Steff

Trident Trike

Post by Steff »

Hi CyclingUK Members

I am new member, I have done a lot of research trying to find a UK Dealer or seller to buy a Trident Trike. The closest one I have found is in Scotland. I am from Northern Ireland does anyone know of anyone over here? I also have a disability, I am looking at getting the ICE RS Trike? Is that light weight? What other light weight and easily transportable Trike’s would people recommend? I have tried Spike the Trike before and I really enjoyed it. It was so comfortable and easy to use. Thank you for taking the time to read my message:
[XAP]Bob

Re: Trident Trike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Light weight means different things to different people.

ICE do several trikes with rear suspension (the RS label), I use a Sprint RS - I wouldn't describe it as particularly lightweight the way I have it set up, but it rather depends what lightweight means to you
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Steff

Post by Steff »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Light weight means different things to different people.

ICE do several trikes with rear suspension (the RS label), I use a Sprint RS - I wouldn't describe it as particularly lightweight the way I have it set up, but it rather depends what lightweight means to you

Thank you for your reply, I found a demo ICE Adventure RS Trike going for £1950 plus delivery from Scotland. It comes with mud guards and rack, neck rest. 3 x 20" wheels with rear suspension. Equipped with Tannus 'airless' tires. I don’t really know much about Trike’s But I know there’s are nearly £4K just for the frame not including the accessories. Should I go for it?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

If you are paying £2k for *anything* I’d suggest trying to go and try one...

Where in Scotland? Kinetics?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Steff

Post by Steff »

[XAP]Bob wrote:If you are paying £2k for *anything* I’d suggest trying to go and try one...

Where in Scotland? Kinetics?

I’m not too sure where they are based in Scotland, I am from Northern Ireland. It might be a bit difficult to travel over in my own. I was looking at buying from somewhere local but I don’t think anyone in Northern Ireland sadly sells trikes.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

The adventure is a decent trike, very well made and specced.

ICE are UK based. And have excellent after sales support.

£2k for a decent condition adventure doesn’t seem overpriced, so you would likely recoup most/all of that if you look after it and still decide it’s not for you.
Steff

Post by Steff »

[XAP]Bob wrote:The adventure is a decent trike, very well made and specced.

ICE are UK based. And have excellent after sales support.

£2k for a decent condition adventure doesn’t seem overpriced, so you would likely recoup most/all of that if you look after it and still decide it’s not for you.

I thought that was a decent price but I wasn’t sure, I haven’t seen the Trike but I’m just going to have to take the seller’s word for it that it will be in good condition. I think I will go for it. I have contacted ICE Trike’s to see what they think of it, it’s nice to know that they are based in the UK, I thought they were an American Company. I’m so pleased to find a UK Company.
D.TEK HPVS

Post by D.TEK HPVS »

Before you jump and buy any old or new trike
Probably without the benefit of test rides or any safety net in place
or using the pin the tail on the donkey method ???
I have the largest ICE Demo fleet in the UK other than the works :o
My typical pre owned stock holding is around 48 trikes from around the world .
Some with zero or less than 20 miles others with thousands on the clock :!:
But more importantly I can offer practical and sound advice based on a few years experience (30 years )
These days most ICE buyers hit the Pick n Mix One arm bandit pricing machine on the ICE website .
The total price can be found on the bottom of the page :shock:
Many first time recumbent trike buyers phone me direct whilst waiting in the local hospital A & E department ????? :lol:
Having suffered sudden shock and possible heart attack whilst looking at the ICE website prices :wink:
Actually great value for money and the residuals are lets say...…….rather good …..if you know what your doing !
Worth a call ..................Over to you .
Regards Kevin D TEK
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

According to ICE's web site there is one site in Northern Ireland with a couple of demo trikes.

Life Adventure Centre
The Grange Yard, Forest Park, Castlewellan,
County Down, BT31 9BU, Northern Ireland
028 4377 0714

Maybe give them a ring for a trial and to see if an ICE trike works for you.

Luck ............ :D
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Steff wrote:Thank you for your reply, I found a demo ICE Adventure RS Trike going for £1950 plus delivery from Scotland. It comes with mud guards and rack, neck rest. 3 x 20" wheels with rear suspension. Equipped with Tannus 'airless' tires.
Nice trike: shame about the tyres :roll: Marathon Plus tyres would be my choice if 'virtually no punctures' were a requirement.
"42"
Steff

Post by Steff »

D.TEK HPVS wrote:Before you jump and buy any old or new trike
Probably without the benefit of test rides or any safety net in place
or using the pin the tail on the donkey method ???
I have the largest ICE Demo fleet in the UK other than the works :o
My typical pre owned stock holding is around 48 trikes from around the world .
Some with zero or less than 20 miles others with thousands on the clock :!:
But more importantly I can offer practical and sound advice based on a few years experience (30 years )
These days most ICE buyers hit the Pick n Mix One arm bandit pricing machine on the ICE website .
The total price can be found on the bottom of the page :shock:
Many first time recumbent trike buyers phone me direct whilst waiting in the local hospital A & E department ????? :lol:
Having suffered sudden shock and possible heart attack whilst looking at the ICE website prices :wink:
Actually great value for money and the residuals are lets say...…….rather good …..if you know what your doing !
Worth a call ..................Over to you .
Regards Kevin D TEK

Thank you for your helpful advice, I have sent you a private message.
Steff

Post by Steff »

Tigerbiten wrote:According to ICE's web site there is one site in Northern Ireland with a couple of demo trikes.

Life Adventure Centre
The Grange Yard, Forest Park, Castlewellan,
County Down, BT31 9BU, Northern Ireland
028 4377 0714

Maybe give them a ring for a trial and to see if an ICE trike works for you.

Luck ............ :D

Thank you I have just contacted them they do have a trike for sale. The ICE Adventure HD 2018 for £2,600 it is also an ex demo and it’s 6 months old. It looks nice it comes with a 10 year grantee. Which is also nice because if anything goes wrong with it then at least O would have their support.

Would I be better going for the newer model instals of and old 2015 model? Thank you
Steff

Post by Steff »

squeaker wrote:
Steff wrote:Thank you for your reply, I found a demo ICE Adventure RS Trike going for £1950 plus delivery from Scotland. It comes with mud guards and rack, neck rest. 3 x 20" wheels with rear suspension. Equipped with Tannus 'airless' tires.
Nice trike: shame about the tyres :roll: Marathon Plus tyres would be my choice if 'virtually no punctures' were a requirement.

Oh right are they. It good tyres?! What kind of tyres would I need to get if I did get that one? Thank you
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Steff wrote:
squeaker wrote:

Oh right are they. It good tyres?! What kind of tyres would I need to get if I did get that one? Thank you

See this thread(for example) for thoughts on Tannus tyres. (I've never been tempted myself. I'd also be concerned on a trike due to the high lateral loads that can be achieved.)
As to what you 'need', that depends on what sort of riding you want to do (road or mainly gravel tracks) and what your tolerance to punctures is...
"42"
PAJEL

Post by PAJEL »

Dear Sir,
I am 60+ Czech cyclist looking for new toy - Trike. Last two years I drive Haibike Allmountain ebike with Yamaha PV-S engine unit.
I am interested to buy trike, not neccesary quite new,
Please can you give me information which used trikes are available in your stock ? Do you own any eshop ?

Best regards from Czech republic, Pavel Jelinek