Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Cunobelin

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Cunobelin »

Even the Wright Brothers claims are untrue.

Human flight in balloons had been around for some time... and the claim that their 120 yards were the first "powered flight" is also untrue.

The first powered flight was Henri Giffard's steam-powered airship in 1852. On Sept. 24, 1852, Giffard travelled almost 17 miles (27 kilometres) from Paris to Trappes moving at about 6 miles per hour (10 kilometres/hour). His airship could be steered only in calm weather, though. In wind, it could fly only in slow circles.

Is Trump Mad - undoubtably
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Oldjohnw wrote:
Pastychomper wrote:
kylecycler wrote:Just in case anyone didn't believe the above (tbh I didn't either)...

"He also discussed U.S. accomplishments, from Alexander Graham Bell and the telephone to the Wright Brothers and the airplane."
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... 648314001/

What is wrong with these people? :(

In the interests of fairness: A. G. Bell developed the telephone in the US and later became a US citizen. Enticing him over there and providing the means and opportunity to use his talents could be described as accomplishments. I suppose they could be described as poaching, too... :lol:

And the Pilgrim Fathers secretly developed an aeroplane centuries before anyone else.

Ye olde Area 51 is conspicuously absent from maps of the time!

Now we know why
RickH

Post by RickH »

Cunobelin wrote:Even the Wright Brothers claims are untrue.

Human flight in balloons had been around for some time... and the claim that their 120 yards were the first "powered flight" is also untrue.

The first powered flight was Henri Giffard's steam-powered airship in 1852. On Sept. 24, 1852, Giffard travelled almost 17 miles (27 kilometres) from Paris to Trappes moving at about 6 miles per hour (10 kilometres/hour). His airship could be steered only in calm weather, though. In wind, it could fly only in slow circles.

Is Trump Mad - undoubtably

Strictly speaking the Wright brothers flight was the first powered heavier than air human flight, one that left the ground under its own power.

Previous flights had used either, as you've illustrated, balloons /airships or were gliders launched off hillsides.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

He's really, really stupid. Really. Read and curb your incredulity awhile.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-48880867
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Bonefishblues wrote:He's really, really stupid. Really. Read and curb your incredulity awhile.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-48880867

This shows not so much stupidity (though he is) but incredible ignorance.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

It beggers belief what this moron is capable of,given the power at his fingertips
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:It beggers belief what this moron is capable of,given the power at his fingertips

His advisors won't let him. They really won't, in extremis.

I hope and pray
pwa

Post by pwa »

The man is a sort of performance artist, giving me a good laugh at least once a week. I know he is a disaster for humanity, but you have to laugh. It is as if a character from Father Ted has taken over the USA.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pwa wrote:The man is a sort of performance artist, giving me a good laugh at least once a week. I know he is a disaster for humanity, but you have to laugh. It is as if a character from Father Ted has taken over the USA.

Spot on :lol: :lol: :lol:
W H Auden
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

reohn2 wrote:It beggers belief what this moron is capable of,given the power at his fingertips

Remember "Space Force"

[youtube]WkTS0jvtPig[/youtube]
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:

His advisors won't let him. They really won't, in extremis.

I hope and pray

This man just fires people who don't agree with him,he's not the type to take advice unless it aligns with his ego.I've met and worked with people with a similar egotistical character,fortunately they didn't have the power to implement there psychopathic intents.
The problem is that this loonie has a LOT of power and enough people around him who will to go along with it,he's a bully with a BIG gun who could set the middle east alight again,dragging the UK headed by the likes of Hunt or BoJo along with him.
His sort love a war and that's my worry,

PS,when's the next presidential elections?
Last edited by reohn2 on 6 Jul 2019, 11:56am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Yhis is what SLovenia thinks of the Trumps , well the female one, Melania Trump

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48890660
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I've not followed all the updates recently about the idiot, but did Trump say, in his speech, that he'd invented the wheel? :roll:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Actually, thinking about it - some of the aircraft we've been crammed into, these past few days, feel like they were designed at the time of the Founding Fathers.

But not by the Founding Fathers. I have more respect for those guys than that - even if they did practice slavery.

Perhaps George III designed them - in one of his less lucid moments....? :?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).