Halfords discount?

PH

Re: Halfords discount?

Postby PH » 10 Jul 2019, 10:49pm

RickH wrote:Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts.

The T&C's for CUK and BC are the same, you need your card and that months voucher and it only applies to cycle stuff.
Of course Halfords being Halfords, either some of the staff don't know or can't be bothered, I've had the discount recently without showing card or voucher, I just asked, started getting the card out of my wallet and they were already asking for the payment. It was for tools that could be used on a bike but were not cycle specific, I didn't want to make it too easy for them.

RickH

Postby RickH » 11 Jul 2019, 12:39am

PH wrote:
RickH wrote:Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts.

The T&C's for CUK and BC are the same, you need your card and that months voucher and it only applies to cycle stuff.
Of course Halfords being Halfords, either some of the staff don't know or can't be bothered, I've had the discount recently without showing card or voucher, I just asked, started getting the card out of my wallet and they were already asking for the payment. It was for tools that could be used on a bike but were not cycle specific, I didn't want to make it too easy for them.

The BC deal changed a few years ago (maybe 3 or 4) before that it was just a discount on "any purchase" at Halfords (& didn't exclude sale items either).

robgul

Postby robgul » 11 Jul 2019, 7:22am

RickH wrote:
robgul wrote:My experience has been to go to Halfords, pick up the item and go to the bike dept counter (not the main checkout) wave your British Cycling card (or CTC) and the guy behind the counter scans a barcode he has on a sheet by the till and the discount is applied. I also bought a car satnav using tbis method :!:

Rob

Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts. The old BC discount used to be much wider too - you could use it for car stuff & sale items. I once bought some car floor mats that were in a sale AND got a BC discount!

Last time was about 3 weeks ago when I bought some disc pads for a job at my shop (the trade supplier was out of stock) - he did look at the card validity date. There was a laminated card beside the till with about 10 barcodes which I assume were for different classes of purchase or discount - he just scanned my product and one of the codes.

Rob

yorkshiredoc

Postby yorkshiredoc » 11 Jul 2019, 4:25pm

I ordered some cycling bits 2 days ago from the Halfords website when they had a 10% off flash sale. On collection today received an extra 10% off with my CUK card and voucher.