Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Bonefishblues

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Bonefishblues »

andrec wrote:
Cugel wrote:
reohn2 wrote:It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:

Bog-standard dictator type. History has hundreds of examples.

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel

Perhaps not a bog-standard dictator. He was elected in free elections and is standing for re-election in free elections next year. Most dictators have less enthusiasm for democracy. I quite like the way he is telling some moaning people to clear off if they think the USA is so awful. His less than polite words are well within the bounds of limits of decorum set by his opponents, with one of the women he was referring to being on record as describing him as a person who has carnal knowledge of his mother.

Which is abusive, but overt racism being worn as a badge of pride is way beyond the pale.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

andrec wrote:I quite like the way he is telling some moaning people to clear off if they think the USA is so awful.

You and the rednecks both.
andrec

Post by andrec »

kwackers wrote:
andrec wrote:I quite like the way he is telling some moaning people to clear off if they think the USA is so awful.

You and the rednecks both.

What's so bad about suggesting people go elsewhere if they moan about where they are too much? I did that only a day or so ago to someone who is always moaning about his workplace.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

andrec wrote:What's so bad about suggesting people go elsewhere if they moan about where they are too much? I did that only a day or so ago to someone who is always moaning about his workplace.

Because it completely ignores the problem. Perhaps they have legitimate concerns?

It's not like Trump was claiming everything was rosy when he was running for office - I mean had that been true there'd be nothing for him to do.
Perhaps he should have gone elsewhere?
andrec

Post by andrec »

Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:
Cugel wrote:

For we boomers The Luckiest-Ever Age of Blesse-Blighters is coming to an end. Normal service of psychopathic and sociopathic humans has returned.

Cugel

Perhaps not a bog-standard dictator. He was elected in free elections and is standing for re-election in free elections next year. Most dictators have less enthusiasm for democracy. I quite like the way he is telling some moaning people to clear off if they think the USA is so awful. His less than polite words are well within the bounds of limits of decorum set by his opponents, with one of the women he was referring to being on record as describing him as a person who has carnal knowledge of his mother.

Which is abusive, but overt racism being worn as a badge of pride is way beyond the pale.

I don't find his comments racist. He is inviting these women to go abroad and solve other countries problems, then to come back and tell everyone how they did it. He is obviously alluding to the difficulty he has as leader in solving all the USA's problems, something which these women do not have to do because they are in opposition. He is also pointing out that the USA is a great place to live, a place which many people from all over the world want to come to, and that if these women find it so dreadful they don't have to stay. Accusations of racism are now so common from some people as to be almost meaningless, except perhaps as a way of virtue signalling among themselves.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

andrec wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:

I don't find his comments racist. He is inviting these women to go abroad and solve other countries problems, then to come back and tell everyone how they did it. He is obviously alluding to the difficulty he has as leader in solving all the USA's problems, something which these women do not have to do because they are in opposition. He is also pointing out that the USA is a great place to live, a place which many people from all over the world want to come to, and that if these women find it so dreadful they don't have to stay. Accusations of racism are now so common from some people as to be almost meaningless, except perhaps as a way of virtue signalling among themselves.

Rubbish. He is saying that US-born citizens X3 and one who arrived as a child refugee and who has long been a US citizen should go home. That's simple racism, as I hope you know.
If you don't, or are simply defending the indefensible, then either way, please stop and either educate yourself, or desist.

Do you know the role of an Opposition in a democracy? Seemingly not.

I try very hard not to attack the individual, but sometimes it's rather harder than others.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

andrec wrote:
Cugel wrote:
reohn2 wrote:It certainly doesn't seem like the thoughts of a mentally healthy man rated as the most powerful in the world :shock:

Cugel

He does ooze unpleasantly around his own daughter - a matter of record. As a self-declared (and proud of it) grasper of any woman unlucky enough to cross his path, perhaps he has committed other unpleasant sins of lust that even he daren't tweet about? Still it would be wrong to descend to Trump mode ourselves, making up scurrilous tales about those we don't like. It can become a bad habit and soon one is making up stuff about EU conspiracies to be the Fourth Reich!

As to being democratically elected ..... perhaps you haven't noticed that in Yankland the elections too are a business (like everything else) in which the creature with the most money simply buys the position of power he or she has a fancy for. The trick is to get some oligarchs to give you loadsa money, in return for a few favours such as doing away with the regulation of business; and some rather nice tax breaks.

I'm not surprised you enjoy Trump and his antics, mind. Your attitoods elsewhere display your political predilections quite clearly. But who else do you grok? Does The Putin excite your political reverberator? He's agin people unlike himself too, "with extreme prejudice" going by the throwing-about of nerve agents and the strange disappearances of critics. What a winner! (I know you despise the many losers).

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
andrec

Post by andrec »

Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Which is abusive, but overt racism being worn as a badge of pride is way beyond the pale.

Rubbish. He is saying that US-born citizens X3 and one who arrived as a child refugee and who has long been a US citizen should go home. That's simple racism, as I hope you know.
If you don't, or are simply defending the indefensible, then either way, please stop and either educate yourself, or desist.

I try very hard not to attack the individual, but sometimes it's rather harder than others.

He did not say they should 'go home'. He said they go to other countries, solve their problems and then come back to the USA and tell everyone how they did it. He is not demanding they should do it, merely suggesting it. It is political rhetoric which he thinks will aid his re-election. I do not regard his comments as racist at all as I can see nothing in them which suggests he regards any race as superior to any others. His political opponents obviously think they can say what they like but that the president and his allies must circumscribe their speech to please their sensibilities and prejudices. Sorry, the world does not work like that. Nor do free speech and democracy.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

andrec wrote:
Cugel wrote:

Cugel

So why didn't Trump clear off when Obama was President since then he thought the US was awful.
John
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

andrec wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
andrec wrote:

He did not say they should 'go home'. He said they go to other countries, solve their problems and then come back to the USA and tell everyone how they did it. He is not demanding they should do it, merely suggesting it. It is political rhetoric which he thinks will aid his re-election. I do not regard his comments as racist at all as I can see nothing in them which suggests he regards any race as superior to any others. His political opponents obviously think they can say what they like but that the president and his allies must circumscribe their speech to please their sensibilities and prejudices. Sorry, the world does not work like that. Nor do free speech and democracy.

You are absolutely wrong. He said they should back where they came from. Do not try to make a tax cheating sex as dulling lying war mongering racist sound reasonable.

And whilst Trump was objecting to criticism he was happily criticising May and others.

I must say I never thought I'd ever come across a real live a Trump supporter. It is not a nice experience.
John
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

trump-8217-s-tweets-at-democratic-women-of-color-denounced-as-racist-QPwPcuN-kqs.jpg

Here they are. The progressive women democrats.

Trump didn't invite them to visit other countries. He told them to leave, back to the broken and crime infested places from which they came.
So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how.... ....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

as if Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wasn't born in the same city as Trump, a few miles from where he was born.

as if they weren't elected to help govern.

And his fans cheered him on, with crap like
"Well said, Mr. President!"
"Fact: these women hate America."
"Let’s be Clear if these individuals did the things they’re doing here in there own countries. Their heads would have been lopped"

and so on

Though, it is kind of funny that he said the governments where they come from are
complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)

I don't think that's quite what he intended. But maybe he did, and he's just running distraction for his friend Jeffrey.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, the only one of the four congresswomen who wasn't born in America, has been a US citizen for six years longer than Melania Trump...

Omar became a citizen in 2000 at the age of 17, while Melania Trump became a citizen six years later at the age of 36, a year after she married the future president.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 833c5d8a31
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

A senator posted a set of four photographs, three were the us born members of "the squad" and the fourth was the male, white senator posting it on twitter. In the words he basically said only one of us was born outside of America and he's a middle aged white male. Why doesn't the president post such comments about me?

He was an Italian born, American Italian and proud of it.

I used to be proud of my roots, I considered myself quarter American. My American relatives were some of the nicest people I know if a little more Conservative. I do not think my grandad could have voted for trump despite being a lifelong republican voter. I think he'd he turning in his grave at this president.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

As to sexually offensive name calling. **** has become a common term of offence. It's not really about doing inappropriate things to your mother. It's like questioning your parentage. An insult.

As to sexually offensive comments, saying comments along the lines of wanting to sleep with your daughter she's so attractive. Or going up an escalator and being recorded saying something about an 11 year old girl that she was attractive but she should come back in a few years. There's grabbing women's genitalia and getting away with it because he's got money / power or similar things. He's a sexual predator and I would not be surprised if he's more like Epstein just never been caught. I hope he isn't of course.

Despite all Trump's faults he's pretty much just the worst example of the political class in America. We should be condemning more than just him among the Washington elite.

Then we should be looking to the UK. There's so much wrong here too. Tories and Labour! Where America goes we follow! Let trump be a warning for the UK! And I don't think Boris is our trump. Our trump is still on his way to prominence I reckon.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Did any of them say the USA is "awful"? They may well have said, its president is "awful", and the people who blindly support him are "awfully" deluded. The USA is still a great place to visit, and a great many (I like to believe, the majority) of its people are decent friendly folk.

Unfortunately it's the bad eggs in the basket that stink...

andrec wrote:I don't find his comments racist. He is inviting these women to go abroad and solve other countries problems, then to come back and tell everyone how they did it.
Don't know where you picked that up from, but keep digging... :twisted:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).