Prudential Ride London - Getting back to the start

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
swright

Prudential Ride London - Getting back to the start

Postby swright » 17 Jul 2019, 1:03pm

I'm taking part in Prudential Ride London in a couple of weeks time. Having never taken part in this event before and not knowing London very well, I'm worried about making my way back to Olympic park once I've completed the ride.

Does anyone have any advice on the best route to take, or a GPX file I could download to help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

mjr

Re: Prudential Ride London - Getting back to the start

Postby mjr » 17 Jul 2019, 1:48pm

From the finish exit into Green Park, walk along the north side of the Mall and across Trafalgar Square into Northumberland Avenue, ride to the end, turn left onto Embankment CS3 on the far side (it should be open again when you've finished), follow it east until it goes onto the narrow old-style blue pavement section after the Tower of London, then left at the second set of lights into Cannon Street Road, then turn right onto CS2 when you get to it (it has blue paint on the crossroads and has signs with CS2 in pink) and follow it to Stratford.
Last edited by mjr on 17 Jul 2019, 10:46pm, edited 2 times in total.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

swright

Postby swright » 17 Jul 2019, 10:28pm

Thank you mjr that's really useful

mjr

Postby mjr » 17 Jul 2019, 10:44pm

swright wrote:Thank you mjr that's really useful

No worries. I've used it a couple of times for Ride London. I just noticed I fluffed a bit and have updated it: it's left at the second set of lights on Cable Street, not the second left.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.