Priority for Cyclists?

tykeboy2003

Priority for Cyclists?

Post by tykeboy2003 »

Now we have a pro-cycling prime minister, should we start a Parliamentary Petition to get the law changed so that Cyclists have priority on all roads other than Motorways (as they have in Denmark)?
atlas_shrugged

Re: Priority for Cyclists?

Post by atlas_shrugged »

This is a good idea. However I would use the phrase:

'Prioritise Active Travel' instead of cyclists.

This so that we do not forget our friends who are walkers, mobility buggy riders, vulnerable road users, horse riders etc etc.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

atlas_shrugged wrote:This is a good idea. However I would use the phrase:

This so that we do not forget our friends who are walkers, mobility buggy riders, vulnerable road users, horse riders etc etc.

Agree - the wider the coalition the better. I sense the time may be right - or at least a damn sight righter than it has been hitherto.
John1054

Post by John1054 »

Best way of looking at this - the more of us that there are, the more clout we may hope for.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

People first, cyclists second, motors last
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
louisewass

Post by louisewass »

I've just returned from cycling in the Netherlands with my 15 yr old son. It was cycling heaven! Their transport policy is years ahead of ours. Yes to priority for active travelers. Not once did I feel in danger or stressed. I breathed fewer diesel fumes and car drivers were always respectful because everyone respects active travel.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

tykeboy2003 wrote:Now we have a pro-cycling prime minister, should we start a Parliamentary Petition to get the law changed so that Cyclists have priority on all roads other than Motorways (as they have in Denmark)?

Sorry to be so cynical but snowball,hell,no and chance are words that spring to mind :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

louisewass wrote:I've just returned from cycling in the Netherlands with my 15 yr old son. It was cycling heaven! Their transport policy is years ahead of ours. Yes to priority for active travelers. Not once did I feel in danger or stressed. I breathed fewer diesel fumes and car drivers were always respectful because everyone respects active travel.

You were in a civilised country,welcome back to the asylum where the loonies have long since taken over :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden