WhatPub

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75

Re: WhatPub

Post by pete75 »

richardfm wrote:
pete75 wrote:
richardfm wrote:Lager is a type of beer.

No it's not it's a type of gassy, over cooled tasteless crap.

Well don't by crap, buy a decent Czech or German Pils or Helles, it's still lager and still beer

It's not at all still - it's very gassy :lol:
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

pete75 wrote:
Paulatic wrote:Lists a pub near me been closed for 8 years :lol:

Did you tick the option for open pubs only?

Yes that seems to be the default.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

Paulatic wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Paulatic wrote:Lists a pub near me been closed for 8 years :lol:

The site is kept up to date by volunteers who visit the pubs. There is a facility on the site to provide feedback on individual pubs. You may have to be a CAMRA member to use it, but if not then why not report the error so it can be updated. If people did that rather than just comment on unrelated forums it would make the site even more use than it already is.
Richard M
Cardiff
pete75

Post by pete75 »

richardfm wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
pete75 wrote:

The site is kept up to date by volunteers who visit the pubs. There is a facility on the site to provide feedback on individual pubs. You may have to be a CAMRA member to use it, but if not then why not report the error so it can be updated. If people did that rather than just comment on unrelated forums it would make the site even more use than it already is.

You'd have a valid point if the pub had just closed but not when it's been shut for eight years.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

richardfm wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
pete75 wrote:

Reporting updates might well be the case but let’s take a look at my example. In eight years no one has updated that entry. Very few people must use that site or reporting anything is too much trouble for the average user.
If I was in a new area looking for a pub I think this is what I’d do
1) Visually spot one that looked inviting
2) Ask someone who looked like a local
3) pull out my phone and consult
a; Google
b; Tripadvisor
Others might ad Fb to that and various mapping apps.
I’ve never used that web site before and I very much doubt I’d return to again. I’d question your statement of usefulness indeed hasn’t CAMRA outlived it’s usefulness? I think it’s done it’s job and is looking for a new purpose in life.

If it was easy to update why can’t five of us who fell out with a landlord of a successful pub down the road report that as closed?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
windmiller

Post by windmiller »

Interesting/enjoyable link, good pics too.