How is Your Eye Sight ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Hows Your Eye Sight

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
My writing is atrocious.
I remember being held back at school and writing lines " I must write move clearly" words to that effect, that was at junior school 5-7 :?

Anyway, stopped writing in joined up lower case when I failed my last school exam.
As a draughtsperson you only do upper case and that's how its been over the last 45 years :)

Stupid but I still drop in an occasional lower case letter in my scribbles, normally the first word.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

There's a big difference in quality between off the shelf easy readers and prescription reading glasses. My partner buys two prescription glasses at expensive prices. One is for reading, the other is for computer work. Apparently the difference in distance between eye to screen and eye to paper is sufficient to cause headaches for those who do a lot of both activities.

My partner is a researcher so reading and computer work is pretty much her all day (and evening being a workaholic) activity. So in effect these are like PPE, you'd not go into a welding job wearing no eye protection such as welding shield.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Well my copy turned up, original is on the left.
2019-08-19_150148.jpg

Surprised they even bothered signing it.
img20190819_11370968_aa.jpg

This is after I complained again after receiving the one on the right.

"Thank you for contacting us again regarding your prescription. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the copy that you received.
Unfortunately, here at Customer Care we do not hold any of our patients records therefore, we are unable to send you out another copy.
If you would like another copy to be sent out or you have any further questions regarding your prescription; I can only advise that you contact the store directly on 01XXXXXXX. I do apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused."

They really know how to satisfy their customers.
All they need to do is enlarge the boxes and print so it can be read clearly.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

:lol: if you can’t read the printed one you definitely need glasses. :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Paulatic wrote::lol: if you can’t read the printed one you definitely need glasses. :D

Well I certainly could not with out glasses for sure.
Its about the principle of it, this day and age you expect clear & concise.
Especially from a eye tester :evil:

What ever you do don't complain, its really not worth it..............
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Paulatic, what was the box you could not make out then that no longer exists in the new copy :?:

Maybe you need glasses....................... :mrgreen:

Some one like to make a stab at it...
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I will make an uneducated guess, that the box left eye cylinder, because the axis is blank, is abbreviated "Ditto".
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I missed this thread :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: How is Your Eye Sight ?

Hi,
As a dog with a bone :)

The one Paulatic could not make out is "Distance Sphere", which I don't need, as I don't need glasses for driving.
Actual values are "- 0.0 " / " 0.0 "..........so they leave the boxes blank, well if only I knew that :roll:

The first prescription I have had where boxes are blank, no doubt the opticians know the default for an empty box?
merseymouth

Re: How is Your Eye Sight ?

Post by merseymouth »

Hello all, As someone who has gone to the same optician practise for over 55 years I do so after one bad piece of service from a cheaper mob!
My tester can check back that far giving a full insight to my condition, pun intended :lol: .
But recently I suffered a minor stroke, where I learnt hat proper diagnosis was helped by comparison between both eyes and also both ears.
As I have no central vision in one eye the test was inappropriate, also being hearing impaired I offer no help via that route?
So I had to undergo a CAT Scan, not clear enough so underwent a MRI Scan! Result, they found the stroke site, also discovered a brain tumour????????
My optician keeps an eye on possible cataract appearance, pun intended again, groan.
Services such as I underwent would not be offered by on-line optical suppliers, as such I rate them as parasitic suppliers. I also ensure that I get a correct, comfortable fit, which ensure correct alignment of prescription. My optician usually only charges me for the one lens that I actually need, so look odd with just the one bi-focal lens in the frames, I care not about how they look, function over form.
I also underwent a full optical MOT by St. Paul's Eye Hospital in Liverpool, something which I have done for nearly 68 years. Sadly my original consultant is no longer available ??? Well, TTFN MM