Favourite pens and notebooks?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Pastychomper

Re: Favourite pens and notebooks?

Post by Pastychomper »

Another ex-cartridge-user here. One of my schools mandated fountain pens and Parkers were all the rage (to the point that I was sometimes mocked for not using one). I tried one for a while but it flowed faster than the cheap pens I was used to, wasting ink and giving thick lines that didn't work well for my small writing. I still keep a cheap fountain pen for when I want to write neatly.

I used to be a fan of Pilot's tiny-tipped, liquid-ink rollers for making tiny notes in margins, but don't bother so much these days. Now I'm into mechanical pencils, preferably 0.7mm and metal-barrelled. I often have artificially greasy skin, which interferes with a lot of cheap ballpoints.
Last edited by Pastychomper on 15 Aug 2019, 4:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I seem to remember I used Conway Wombats not Parkers at school because the latter were so much more expensive
skyhawk

Post by skyhawk »

Hmm interesting thread, can't read it all, I don't collect pens but have two rolled gold Cross pens and a chrome one I use all the time

I have a tablet, somewhere, no idea where

Dscn0462.jpg
Both I and my son are Autistic. We have aspergers and ADHD, not stupid :). If I sound "blunt" in my posts, please be understanding : I am not perfect. Thank you. Visit https://www.asdinfowales.co.uk/ to learn more
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

At school (1960s) Platignum and Osmiroid were the usual fodder. One chap had a Parker which we lusted after. I've had several cheap Parkers since. I do not recall anybody using anything other than fountain pens be it cartridge or ink sac. Although I seldom use it, these days I quite like my Pilot Vanishing Point, primarily because it is different.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Anyone remember Osmiroid? (Edit- someone beat me by 2 minutes :lol: )
I bought one through primary school as it was recommended for us left-handers.
The tip of the nib curves left so it's supposed to write smoother.
Never worked for me.
Now I tend to use Excel notebooks :wink: and if writing letters to my Godmother in Australia, I choose Apple Chancery as the font, so it looks like nice handwriting. :roll:

Edit 2: aren't all pencils "vanishing points". :mrgreen:
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Anyone remember those plastic pens with a kind of fake FP nib. The ink wicked from the reservoir through the plastic nib and it kind of wrote like a calligraphy pen with a thick and thin writing direction. I thought it was a pentel but can't see it.