Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Mike Sales

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Mike Sales »

Bonefishblues wrote:Oh my goodness. I'm not saying the Donald told 'em to, but all the same...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49253691

Isn't that the sort of thing they did when Amerika was great?
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mike Sales wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Oh my goodness. I'm not saying the Donald told 'em to, but all the same...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49253691

Isn't that the sort of thing they did when Amerika was great?

It's being restored to it's former glory and Trump's leading the way :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

So Trump wants to buy Greenland and rename it TrumpLand? Now we know what his plans for the UK are? buy the place up?
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

mercalia wrote:So Trump wants to buy Greenland and rename it TrumpLand? Now we know what his plans for the UK are? buy the place up?

He reckons the UK will be going cheap after Brexit.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Is Johnson Mad?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Is BoJo mad?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mike Sales wrote:
mercalia wrote:So Trump wants to buy Greenland and rename it TrumpLand? Now we know what his plans for the UK are? buy the place up?

He reckons the UK will be going cheap after Brexit.

Should there be a no deal Brexit he'd be right and the Tories are the ones to sell it to him,so long as they have a percentage of the profit.
It's what the Tories are all about
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

And it gets worse and worse:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... oys-antifa
Drumpf will be nurturing his very own Sturmabteilung - if he hasn't done so already. As manifest in Charlottesville and now in Portland...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I am only mad north-by-north-west: when then wind is southerly, I know the difference between a hawk and a handsaw

When it suits him.
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

For the prosecution.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5475881986

And here's a screenshot, in case it gets deleted.
https://twitter.com/Tweet_Dec/status/11 ... 1815244803

Seems pretty mad to me.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

So would you ( or even could you) offer to sell your backyard to Trump & the US of A?
Last edited by mercalia on 21 Aug 2019, 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

mercalia wrote:So would you ( or even could you) offer to sell your backyard to Trump & the US of A?

I'd want the money in my account first. His credit rating isn't good.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

There was an interesting commentary earlier today on the radio about why he's pulled out of visting Denmark and it has nothing to do with their PM not being prepared to talk about selling Greenland.

Apparently Obama is visiting Denmark a few weeks after Trump was to visit (Obama giving some talk and/or Q&A to students in Northern Denmark) and the thought is that Trump is scared Obama will undoubtedly draw a large crowd and he will get a few people all of whom will all be booing him and the US press will report the comparison extensively. So he's scared about the comparison so he's cancelled his visit. And Obama's visit was only announced a week ago so Trump cancelled his visit pretty soon after he realised Obama was going there....

Which also feeds into another wild speculation from a talking head I don't hold much regard for (Trumps ex PR guy that lasted for less than 2 weeks, can't remember his name) but his thought made a lot of sense. He was saying he thinks it likely that Trump might pull out of the next Presidential elections. His supposition is that Trump has such an ego and is such a narcissist that standing and losing would be a disaster for that ego and, as the news and polls get bad, so Trump will look for an excuse and he thought it likely that Trump would pull out of standing for another term around next March under some daft excuse (bone spurs maybe?) but purely becaus ehos ego could not stand it should he lose.

Ian
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Greenland isn't for sale. But I suspect that the UK might well be, soon enough.
John
sukuinage

Post by sukuinage »

Psamathe wrote:There was an interesting commentary earlier today on the radio about why he's pulled out of visting Denmark and it has nothing to do with their PM not being prepared to talk about selling Greenland.

Apparently Obama is visiting Denmark a few weeks after Trump was to visit (Obama giving some talk and/or Q&A to students in Northern Denmark) and the thought is that Trump is scared Obama will undoubtedly draw a large crowd and he will get a few people all of whom will all be booing him and the US press will report the comparison extensively. So he's scared about the comparison so he's cancelled his visit. And Obama's visit was only announced a week ago so Trump cancelled his visit pretty soon after he realised Obama was going there....

Which also feeds into another wild speculation from a talking head I don't hold much regard for (Trumps ex PR guy that lasted for less than 2 weeks, can't remember his name) but his thought made a lot of sense. He was saying he thinks it likely that Trump might pull out of the next Presidential elections. His supposition is that Trump has such an ego and is such a narcissist that standing and losing would be a disaster for that ego and, as the news and polls get bad, so Trump will look for an excuse and he thought it likely that Trump would pull out of standing for another term around next March under some daft excuse (bone spurs maybe?) but purely becaus ehos ego could not stand it should he lose.

Ian

Quite frankly I think that is utter nonsense.
The media constantly show pictures of empty seats wherever he goes - even if they know the rest of the venue is packed so it would be hardly unusual
His poll ratings are consistently good and improving. The Democrats are doing terribly as they can't field a single credible candidate. Any who could make a credible opposition, such as Gabbard, won't be allowed as her anti-war stance doesn't quite fit in with their war-mongering agenda (who's the only president who spent the whole of his two terms at war?)
I think your TDS is very strong here
Psamathe

Re: Is "The Chosen One" Mad?

Post by Psamathe »

sukuinage wrote:
Psamathe wrote:There was an interesting commentary earlier today on the radio about why he's pulled out of visting Denmark and it has nothing to do with their PM not being prepared to talk about selling Greenland.

Ian

Quite frankly I think that is utter nonsense.
The media constantly show pictures of empty seats wherever he goes - even if they know the rest of the venue is packed so it would be hardly unusual
His poll ratings are consistently good and improving. The Democrats are doing terribly as they can't field a single credible candidate. Any who could make a credible opposition, such as Gabbard, won't be allowed as her anti-war stance doesn't quite fit in with their war-mongering agenda (who's the only president who spent the whole of his two terms at war?)
I think your TDS is very strong here

Empty seats at his events is very different from the comparison between one of his events and one of Obamas. He seems to have some sort of intense hatred of anything Obama.

What is TDS? Not heard of is and search engines give no clue.

Ian