BROKEN COLLARBONE

QUIST

BROKEN COLLARBONE

Post by QUIST »

Have broken collarbone seems to be healing well() any ideas as to when I CAN GET BACK to riding distances-I'm looking out for warning signs like pain but how do i judge when my right hand can have consistent and hard pressure applied to change gear/brrake.

At the moment I'm using the r.arm more and doing the physios exercises.

I'm riding v.short distances on quiet tracks
Norman H

Re: BROKEN COLLARBONE

Post by Norman H »

Your own body is probably the best guide together with advice from your physio or doctor.

I was back on the bike 4 weeks after surgery to fix mine. That was on the advice of the surgeon who was a cyclist himself. The biggest problem I had was the fear of falling off again. Took me a while to regain full confidence.
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

I had a clean break so no surgery jus5 a sling - which caused pins and needles after two hours so off it cane and never went back on!

I was back on the bike after three weeks - not fully healed but ‘matted’ (bone material still needed to fill in and harden). I was fine on the flat but my mates went up Peggy’s Bank, which is 1:4 and when I pulled on the bars it hurt! I went up seated using one hand after that and learnt a valuable lesson...

PP
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

I'd recommend a CO2 pump for your first outings. I had a puncture on my first ride after mending and had to flag down a passing cyclist to pump it up for me. :oops:
Have we got time for another cuppa?