Waterproof jacket

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Squidster

Waterproof jacket

Post by Squidster »

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so my first post is regarding my 4yr old and 7yr old daughters who are needing warm waterproof jackets for going back to school and nursery so any advice would be much appreciated :).
bogmyrtle

Re: Waterproof jacket

Post by bogmyrtle »

Hello. I'm surprised you haven't had a response.
Unfortunately I'm no help whatsoever as I don't have children. I would however suggest you look at what's available in outdoor shops. It's coming to the end of season so you might be able to pick up reasonable quality waterproof jackets.
Welcome to the forum.
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

bogmyrtle wrote:Hello. I'm surprised you haven't had a response.
Unfortunately I'm no help whatsoever as I don't have children. I would however suggest you look at what's available in outdoor shops. It's coming to the end of season so you might be able to pick up reasonable quality waterproof jackets.
Welcome to the forum.

I don't as a rule recommend Go Outdoors but on this occasion they might have something to offer.
John
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

My colleagues swear by the ones occasionally produced by Lidl

Kids do not need the high performance of breathable in the context of the Nursery or School run, and as they are likely to get damaged, lost or grown out of quickly, the economy option is not a bad one.

An alternative at the moment is Milliets they are clearing a lot of their stock, at reduced prices.