Cycling from Dunning to Kinross - Path of Condie

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
island girl

Cycling from Dunning to Kinross - Path of Condie

Post by island girl »

Hi, I am leading a group of ladies from Dunning to Kinross and plan to follow back roads. Near Pathstruie where the road splits should I follow the Path of Condie through Stronachie or follow Tulloch Road to Middleton. I know the gradients for both routes are high, we will be on road bikes. Which way is the "easiest", which would you recommend ?
Last edited by island girl on 30 Aug 2019, 3:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
PH

Re: Cycling from Auchterarder, Dunning to Kinross

Post by PH »

I haven't done both to be able to compare, but the Path of Condie was one of the highlights of an E2E and I'd recommend it to anyone. It was a few years ago and the road surface wasn't the best, so some caution required and it's possible the other option is better in that regard. My recollection is that the hardest climb was out of Dunning, so you're going to get that either way, though you're repaid with both the scenery and a good drop into Kinross.
mediumbird

Re: Cycling from Dunning to Kinross - Path of Condie

Post by mediumbird »

I've done both. The climb up from Dunning is the hardest (known as the Dragon....). The Tulloch road is a good surface whereas the other route is not as good. My preference would be the Tulloch road.
Navrig

Post by Navrig »

Have a Google for the Kinross Sportive. Their red and black routes generally do that journey. I've done it twice and remember there is a long hill involved.
keithg

Post by keithg »

They’re both good rides on scenic country roads. My preference too would be the Tulloch Road.
Have fun.