What's it worth?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Nukeproof29er

What's it worth?

Post by Nukeproof29er »

Hey all new here, so about three months ago I bought a nukeproof mega comp 29er large, but recently have come out of work. For financial reasons I have to sell it :cry: it's absolutely amazing. Just wondering what I could roughly expect on the 2nd hand market for it before I put it up for sale. Thanks for your time.
Ryan
mattsccm

Re: What's it worth?

Post by mattsccm »

Best ask a MTB forum or look on ebay for the going rate. Try STW forum. 50% of new probably.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Take off 20% of what you paid new as that was tax not bike
Then half the figure that’s left as it’s now second hand. On a good day and in demand then change that half to two thirds :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
cjchambers

Post by cjchambers »

Have a look at similar bikes on eBay. Most importantly, there are options on the left hand of the search to look at sold and completed listings. This is often quite telling as you can see what prices they didn't sell at.

You'll probably find huge variations between sales, and unfortunately it will probably be a little disappointing. To get a fair price for something like this, it's all about finding the right person who wants what you've got and understands the value. Forums such as these (and specific MTB forums) are often a good way to find such people but unfortunately not ideal if you're in a hurry.

Best of luck.
Nukeproof29er

Post by Nukeproof29er »

Thank you for your help all, it's a shame I have to but that's life sometimes lol
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Sadly it also doesn't help that many retailers give big discounts at the end of the year on the current, soon to be last year's models.
Nukeproof29er

Post by Nukeproof29er »

Anyone interested in here lol?