Not all cyclists are perfect! (head butt pedestrian)

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Oldjohnw

Re: Not all cyclists are perfect! (head butt pedestrian)

Post by Oldjohnw »

A thug: in the classroom, in the office, in a car, on a bike, in the pub, in the park.
John
hemo

Post by hemo »

If and hopefully when the thug riding a bike is caught he should be charged with Gbh considering the victim needed stitches following the attack, also that a side the thug hopefully will be charged (when caught) with traffic violations inc furious riding.
A lot of if's and but's with an incident like this though cctv could trace him eventually, if there is aconclusion thug could be penalised further by the victim to pursue personnel injuries and distress to rub some more salt in the the thugs immaterial wounds.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

There is another thread, with an article about a motorist

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... dApp_Gmail

In both cases, the offender commits an offence, responds violently and causes significant injury. In this case, he drove into the victim so he was driving

In one article it is a "Cyclist" referred to throughout, in the other case it is a "man" and then mentions that he was driving when he committed the offence

Why the difference in reporting?

Bith are unacceptable thugs, but the bias in the reporting alienates cyclists as a group
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

he is in the local and national papers, it is bigger news than Brexit.

there are blokes headbutting people by their hundreds every week, it is only this one's choice of transport that causes the rabble rousers in the press to highlight him.

ok, and the CCTV is not bad
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

I understand that the suited chap said something along the lines of, "Oi! Where's your helmet?"
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

I complained to the BBC that the article was inflammatory clickbait and not even news because it was an old article regurgitated purely as clickbait.

I got a reply

Wait for it......

I was told I couldn't complain because the article was more than 30 days old :roll:
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Stradageek wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 10:25am I complained to the BBC that the article was inflammatory clickbait and not even news because it was an old article regurgitated purely as clickbait.

I got a reply

Wait for it......

I was told I couldn't complain because the article was more than 30 days old :roll:
there is a precedent for this, you can't complain about a driver if its more than 14 days old (well you can complain but they won't be listening)

not sure what is going on here, but it is hilarious, another angry cyclist (we're all not perfect)
https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/stat ... 2423185510
gcogger

Post by gcogger »

Stradageek wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 10:25am I complained to the BBC that the article was inflammatory clickbait and not even news because it was an old article regurgitated purely as clickbait.

I got a reply

Wait for it......

I don't believe it was the BBC 'regurgitating' the article - it just showed up in the list of 'most watched' videos (unless I've missed something?).
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

gcogger wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 10:47am

I got a reply

Wait for it......

I don't believe it was the BBC 'regurgitating' the article - it just showed up in the list of 'most watched' videos (unless I've missed something?).
Another thread about this started recently. Maybe some trolling activity somewhere…
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.