** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by mercalia »

Debs wrote:
bovlomov wrote:Anyone have any further comments to make about Project Fear, in the light of tonight's partial publication of Yellowhammer?

I fear the band on the Titanic had a better chance of survival :|

Whats the title of their first album called? and the song titles?
Debs

Post by Debs »

mercalia wrote:Whats the title of their first album called? and the song titles?

Nobody know for sure yet, the album has been more than 3 years in the making amongst controversy over illegal funding, libellous lyrics, and the resent falling out of scores of their production team.

However we do have a leaked preview of the song title list:

If I Should Fall From Grace With Dominic Cummings
Turkish Immigrant Song Of The Damned
Fairy-tail Of New Pork Tariffs
Thousands Are Wailing
The Daily Medley: The Recruiting Sergeant
The Rocky Road across the Irish Border
Reeks Of Sorrow / Tomorrow's 17.4 million
Sit Down By The Truck Jam
The Broad Majesty Unicorn

Last edited by Debs on 12 Sep 2019, 1:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Additional titles:
-Dominic
-The Ferryman (traditional)
-ships don't disappear in the night (do they?)
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
pete75

Post by pete75 »

And for Johnson/Cummings.......

[youtube]hs3IgTILFzU[/youtube]
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Interesting News(Biscuit) report
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2019/09/12/elderly-monarch-falls-victim-to-conman/ wrote:ELDERLY MONARCH FALLS VICTIM TO CONMAN

An elderly lady who cannot be named for legal reasons and will be known as ‘Her Majesty the Q’ has been explaining how she was conned out of a valuable reputation for impartiality by a notorious conman.

”E seemed so plausible,’ said Her Majesty the Q. “I woz on me hols so I was a bit off guard ...

Ian
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Psamathe wrote:Interesting News(Biscuit) report
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2019/09/12/elderly-monarch-falls-victim-to-conman/ wrote:ELDERLY MONARCH FALLS VICTIM TO CONMAN

An elderly lady who cannot be named for legal reasons and will be known as ‘Her Majesty the Q’ has been explaining how she was conned out of a valuable reputation for impartiality by a notorious conman.

”E seemed so plausible,’ said Her Majesty the Q. “I woz on me hols so I was a bit off guard ...

Ian

Is there anybody left in the country who believes the inverted pyramid of piffle when he says that prorogation has nothing to do with Parliament stymieing Brexit?
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mike Sales wrote:

Ian

Is there anybody left in the country who believes the inverted pyramid of piffle when he says that prorogation has nothing to do with Parliament stymieing Brexit?

Appart from that Piffle's intent is completely obvious to anybody with a couple of working brain cells, I saw him interviewed the other day and he justified it as "we need a rest". To which I thought that he's only been in post for a few months and if he needs to shut down Parliament because he needs a rest he's clearly not up to the job (and presumably we'll have another 5 week shutdown in a few months when he needs another rest, etc.

I have no problem with there being a Queen's speach and no problem with proroguing prior to that speaks but all that is needed is a few days. It's the 5 weeks plus the timing around other events that makes Piffle's real reasons so blindingly obvious. That he keeps expecting us to belive his unbelievable lies is rather insulting - (most of) the electorate is not that stupid (even if Boris thinks they are).

For me justifications quickly lose all credibility when the reasons given keep changing.

Ian
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Psamathe wrote: I saw him interviewed the other day and he justified it as "we need a rest".
Ian

MPs had just come back from their long summer holiday lasting from 25th July to the 3rd of September.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

blow up.JPG
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Who are all these people??

I recognise Farage and Bojo, but none of the others.
Please name names for people like us who don't have a telly nor take any newspapers.
Mick F. Cornwall
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote:Image

Who are all these people??

I recognise Farage and Bojo, but none of the others.
Please name names for people like us who don't have a telly nor take any newspapers.

You really don't recognise Reese-Mogg nor Gove nor Javid, etc. (or have I missed a smiley in you post)?

Ian
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Ian
Also from the Biscuit, I turned up what looks like an explanation as to why the NDBrex**it plans are called "Operation Yellowhammer".

It's because all we'll be feasting on, after the happening, will be "a-little-bit-of-bread-and-no-cheeeeese"!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Interesting use of language

Why does he feel it necessary to add the word "elite". Does he think that Reece-Mogg is not part of an "elite", or all those other Eton/Oxbridge educated millionaires fighting to Leave - not part of an "elite"?

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Can somebody explain something to me; I'm probably rather slow but,
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wetherspoon-pubs-tim-martin-brexit-no-deal-remainer-a9103786.html wrote:In a break with the vast majority of UK companies, Tim Martin emphasised the advantages of leaving the EU without an agreement, saying it would allow Britain to eliminate import tariffs on over 12,000 non-EU products, including some foods, children’s clothes and car parts.
so, UK eliminates import tariffs so UK Government income drops so UK Government has to reduce its expenditure (e.g. cut social safety net, etc.) or has to increase its income from other sources e.g. higher direct/indirect taxes.

So whilst eliminating import tariffs might help some companies (reducing their costs whilst they sell at the same price), the Government shortfall has to be be made-up in the long term meaning broadly the consumer loses out as we'll be paying out more (maybe through taxes) but getting the same products and company bosses/shareholders will be getting richer.

Am I missing something? or is this "eliminate import tariffs" just a recipe for the rich to get richer.

Ian
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Psamathe wrote:Am I missing something? or is this "eliminate import tariffs" just a recipe for the rich to get richer.

Ian

It's a simplistic cry designed to rally folk who find thinking tedious.
Only thing I haven't figured out is whether TM is a simpleton or if he's playing his audience.

I noticed in his latest splurge he was suggesting we'd have the £39bn to offset the loss - which does suggest "simpleton", since any businessperson worth their salt would know that the actual number was a lot smaller now and that simply not paying money you owe someone is hardly good practice particularly if you need their business in the future.

Then there's the obvious damage to our own businesses that simply wouldn't be able to compete against cheap imports whilst our exports would be bound by the tariffs others would inflict on them.
As they start to fold and lay folk off then is he expecting more patrons for his cheap food 'n grub or has he simply not thought it through?

My initial verdict on him was "tosser" and so far I've seen nothing that changes that.