LEJOG tattoo?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Cyril Haearn

Re: LEJOG tattoo?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Sunny hot weather, Plus One! :?
Tattoos on semi-public parts of the body are exposed, a free art exhibition :wink:
Not got one yet, I like the other sort of tattoo, a concert of military music
Anyone had a tattoo done and regretted it?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Lance Dopestrong wrote:The silhouette of the guy stood on one leg playing the flute on my other forearm represents 50 years of the first best rock band in the world.

another Tull fan I have the Beast from Broadsword and the beast on my right arm,

The other arm is a Semi naked woman, I don’t think there was any motivation behind that one other than I liked the picture, I was going to have more, a dragon across the shoulders connecting into the broadsword and the beast , but the tattooist disappeared and I never got round to finding another.
NUKe

Post by Paulatic »

A Tull fan since 1967 not into tattoos but I did have that flute player on one leg image as artwork on the fuel cap of my motorbike.
Saw Broadsword at Nostell Priory and my prized possession is a plectrum Martin gave me.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I was in Plymouth yesterday, and at an idle moment or three, I was people-watching.

The young people I saw, both male and female, flesh exposed in the warm September afternoon sun, was an array of tattoos. Legs, arms, thighs, tummies, backs, hands shoulders, feet, ankles ............
Aged in their twenties maybe.

Why, for goodness sake?

This fashion will go the way of all fashion, and the children of tomorrow won't understand why their parents and grandparents had them at all.

As has was suggested up thread, the old folks homes will be a centre of tattoos.
They'll all be blue though, as the colours will have all faded and I expect they'll all regret that they had them done.
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Too right Mick F! You can't cash them in either when you've got no money.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I thought tattoos were very common in the Grey Funnel Line, bet Mick F saw a lot of them, now they have crawled out of the water onto land
I do not have one. Yet :wink:

Likewise tanning studios, why do people use them, anyone here been to one?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I thought tattoos were very common in the Grey Funnel Line, bet Mick F saw a lot of them ....................

Like I've already said ...........

Mick F wrote:27 years service in the RN and not one single tattoo.
I cannot understand why anyone would want one.

They are there for life, and after a dozen or so years they go grey/blue, no matter what the original colours may have been.
Why would anyone want one?

You name the subject, and I've seen a tattoo of it. You name the part of a body, and I've seen one or more of them there.
Mick F. Cornwall
willcee

Post by willcee »

Whether you like em or not. they are a mark and a mark which identifys to many.. right or wrong as tramp stamps.. personally i have no time for them, drawing on oneself doesn't float my boat, some are so gross on the sides of neck face etc etc meant to shock or cause a reaction very obviously which is why many restaurants and bars ask them to leave.. as has been said previously ....will they be worth looking at on senile bodys in the next few decades.. I can understand blood group on pro drivers and servicemen.. but weird art .. no way..grumpy old man since i gave up the weed.. will
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Mick F wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:I thought tattoos were very common in the Grey Funnel Line, bet Mick F saw a lot of them ....................

Like I've already said ...........

Mick F wrote:27 years service in the RN and not one single tattoo.
I cannot understand why anyone would want one.

They are there for life, and after a dozen or so years they go grey/blue, no matter what the original colours may have been.
Why would anyone want one?

You name the subject, and I've seen a tattoo of it. You name the part of a body, and I've seen one or more of them there.

All people who have tattoos have a naval one Mick. Whatever the design the tattoos are all the same in reality, an anchor preceded by a W. :wink:
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

There is quite a lot of cash to be made by providing tattoo-removal servic€$ :?

Apparently tattoos are not for life, but there may be a mark or scar left after removal

Someone I know had the names of her children tattooed on her arm, don't suppose she will regret that
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Someone I know had the names of her children tattooed on her arm, don't suppose she will regret that
How many children does she have? Can she not remember all their names?
:wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mick F wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Someone I know had the names of her children tattooed on her arm, don't suppose she will regret that
How many children does she have? Can she not remember all their names?
:wink:

Two, as far as she knows. The names are on the back of her arm, hard for her to see :wink:

I knew a Donald once, he was a fourth child
The others were A.., B., C.., that helps if one has trouble remembering
robing

Post by robing »

Just had my 6th tattoo this year. #tattooaddiction #midlifecrisis
Enigmadick

Post by Enigmadick »

The only thing I'm going to have tattoo-ed on me, when the time comes, is:

----------- DO NOT RESUSCITATE -------------------
ENIGMA DICK aka Richard Barrett
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

I don't mind tattoos. Have [a small] one myself.

You know what really repulses me though? Those earring things, but they're not ear rings? They're like, hoops, that make a hole in your ear lobe big enough to shove a snooker cue through.

Why anybody would want to do that to themselves... and what if you change your mind? Your ear lobes must look like a sack of tripe after you take it out.