Anyone selling a 2-wheel recumbent?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
belgiangoth

Re: Anyone selling a 2-wheel recumbent?

Post by belgiangoth »

Rolldowns, paddle with your feet, the wobble to set the balance decision going in your spine.
I bought mine second hand off someone who rode it home from the shop across that London, whereas I took years to learn to ride mine. That said I rode it 20 mins every three months...
Seat recline is very important for comfort, once you can ride it drop the seat down; I found it made it easier to ride.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

A Speedmachine is not the easiest recumbent to learn to ride but is a lovely machine. I estimate that mine has now covered 40,000 miles and is still going strong.

If it wobbles, relax; remember that it counter-steers like a motorbike and use the back brake when manoeuvering at slow speed and all will be well

Enjoy
Bilbosmeggins

Post by Bilbosmeggins »

Thanks both. I aim to take it steadily. Felt quite rough today, so the maiden voyage has been postponed. I need to be on full capacity, high alert mode. I’ve got it all setup nicely for my size. Fingers crossed for a safe passage ;)
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

my method was find an empty car park assuming there is light incline face down it, low gear and a bold push off ride in circles just get the feel of the machine. don't forget to reverse direction so you get the feel of going left and right. Figure of 8, Starts and stops.
Next try traffic free roads. you could put an L plate on for the first few rides if you want, just to alert drivers . I found it was the climbing at first that got me, on a couple of hills I came to a stand still and you can guess what happened. it really doesn't take long to get going though if you are determined.
NUKe

Post by Bilbosmeggins »

Thanks NUKe. I’ve got a smallish car park just round the corner, so shall take advantage of that. Still at death’s door though. Currently gripped by some kind of man flu :(