** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
roubaixtuesday

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by roubaixtuesday »

al_yrpal wrote:
What Remainers will achieve is a no deal Brexit and Tory government with a massive majority lead by Boris. Well done chaps its the things that the vast majority of us didnt want. Nor did you......

Al

Ah yes, the usual.

Brexit is a total shambles and has no prospect of delivering any benefits.

This is entirely the responsibility of everyone other than the people who campaigned and voted for it.

Obviously.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

You like laying blame on people.

I blame the politicians, not the voters. They shouldn't have asked the question.
Mick F. Cornwall
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Mick F wrote:You like laying blame on people.

I blame the politicians, not the voters. They shouldn't have asked the question.

Leaving aside the delicious juxtaposition of the first two sentences... sure Mick.

They *made* you vote for leave, and for Widdecombe.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

And now the "leave eu" guys see fit to call Angela Merkel a "Kraut"*. See here. Oh yes, of course they had to apologise - belatedly - after at first upholding their slur.

Now who was it bleated on about Leavers having to endure "bile and hate"? Remind me. Ah - yes! - here we are:
al_yrpal wrote:As for the other slurs and unwarranted insults its just par for the course in a stream of bile and hate that those who voted leave have had to put up with.

*Sorry about the offensive word, but it's not my choice of terminology. Mods please don't change!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Mick F wrote:You like laying blame on people.

You shouldn't have answered it.

We were all mad to participate. I have a feeling that a number of not-mad folk didn't participate, thus allowing the most-mad to register more leave than remain votes.

The maddest of the lot are the politicians, as you are fond of remarking. They took notice of the very stupid referendum to the point where nothing else matters but doing the bidding of leave dafties, irrespective of the vast harms being done to all except a few would-be dictators and their unpleasant speculator friends.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
bovlomov

Post by bovlomov »

661-Pete wrote:And now the "leave eu" guys see fit to call Angela Merkel a "Kraut"*. See here. Oh yes, of course they had to apologise - belatedly - after at first upholding their slur.

So, there you go, Brexit supporters. You complain about being characterised as racist. You know who to write to. Clearly, these major backers and funders of the Leave campaign think this sort of advert will appeal to you. Does it?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cugel wrote:We were all mad to participate.
Yes, and as the Tories could never resolve their differences, so they were even madder for even asking the question.
You all know I want OUT, but not at any cost ........... I've said that endlessly.

Don't ask the question if you don't like the possible result.
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:
Cugel wrote:We were all mad to participate.
Yes, and as the Tories could never resolve their differences, so they were even madder for even asking the question.
You all know I want OUT, but not at any cost ........... I've said that endlessly.

Don't ask the question if you don't like the possible result.

We were given a choice by a stupid idiotic leader who was frightened of his own party and UKIP.
The result came because people believed the lies told and the vast sums of money put into the leave campaign by people set to gain most from it.
I voted remain because I saw what was happening,where it would lead and because despite the EU's not inconsiderable flaws and problems I thought we the UK were better off on the inside fighting for a better EU and that the UK would be better off economically,environmentally and socially in the EU.
We are now at a cliff edge with only those who voted leave to blame for it,so dont cop out and try to blame anyone but yourself,you even voted for Widdecome as your MEP which TBH I find bizarre .
Your stance is incredible! :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:What Remainers will achieve is a no deal Brexit and Tory government with a massive majority lead by Boris. Well done chaps its the things that the vast majority of us didnt want. Nor did you......

Al

No,what leavers have achieved is a racist clown for a PM a country split in two halves and a cliff edge to balance on until the end of the month.
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

reohn2 wrote:.....you even voted for Widdecome as your MEP which TBH I find bizarre .

Related
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ann-widdecombe-gay-cure-science-conversion-therapy-lgbt-a8941071.html wrote:Ann Widdecombe says science may 'produce an answer' to being gay
The Brexit Party MEP made the comment after being questioned in a Sky News interview on an article she wrote about gay conversion therapy in 2012.

And from back in 2012

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:
reohn2 wrote:.....you even voted for Widdecome as your MEP which TBH I find bizarre .

Related
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ann-widdecombe-gay-cure-science-conversion-therapy-lgbt-a8941071.html wrote:Ann Widdecombe says science may 'produce an answer' to being gay
The Brexit Party MEP made the comment after being questioned in a Sky News interview on an article she wrote about gay conversion therapy in 2012.

And from back in 2012

Ian

These are the sort of people Mick thinks a good choice to represent us in Europe,as I posted before bizarre doesnt begin to explain it :?
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

I'm more interested in whether science may produce an answer to idiocy.
That's the real question.
mjr

Post by mjr »

The continuing attempts by a tiny minority to force Britain off the no-deal cliff-edge continues to harm the economy:
https://www.rec.uk.com/news-and-policy/press-releases/employers-scale-back-hiring-plans-in-september-as-brexit-deadline-looms wrote:James Stewart, Vice Chair at KPMG, said:

“The Brexit impasse continues to affect the jobs market with employers stuck, unable to make informed decisions, and people unwilling to risk seeking new roles.

“Given that it’s the weakest increase in job vacancies since 2012 and the longest period that permanent staff appointments have fallen since the global financial crisis, it would seem that it’s proving difficult for businesses to shake off the heightened uncertainty and unknowns. So with the deadline fast approaching, they may well be waiting to get clarity on the future direction of Brexit before making any key decisions on hiring and investment.”
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mr bajokoses

Post by mr bajokoses »

Popped in after a bit of a break, and what is clear from the last few pages is that...

Nothing has changed, nothing has changed.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We are leaving the EU.
Any UK MEPs will be out of a job.
Does it matter who you or I voted for?

I voted for a person standing in our area who was dedicated to leave. I couldn't give a toss who it was or his/her attitudes or leanings.

If, in the remote possibility that we don't leave, the options for voting again will come round again eventually. In that case, I will make a new choice .......... but the member I vote for will still be anti-EU. We can only vote for the people standing in our constituency, not anyone else.
Mick F. Cornwall