Telford area training?

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
imppact

Telford area training?

Post by imppact »

I'm trying to access training as a CTC accredited cycle instructor. But unfortunately my local authority doesn't currently have places. I have Spastic Hemiplegia, now commonly called CP, but I have ridden bicycles safely for about 40 years! I now wish to train other cyclists both able-bodied & disabled. Does anyone on this forum know where I can get suitable training within a reasonable distance of Telford?

Thank you
imppact

Post by imppact »

This question has now been posted over two weeks! Surely an organisation as large as the CTC has someone who can help me...
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

imppact

Just so you don't get the idea you are being ignored, I can tell you that this section of the forum was established to meet certain funding conditions imposed by the govt., when the CTC was organising cycle training on its behalf. Somebody else is now responsible, so this section is now a bit of an anachronism.

Sorry I can't be more specific but that's pretty much all I know. I'll try to see who is now responsible.

Have a look at:

http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=5116
Si

Post by Si »

I believe that someone who is attached to, or works with, the council in Wolverhampton is a trainer trainer. The council or WoW should have details.

Surely an organisation as large as the CTC has someone who can help me...

Indeed, there is a whole section on the CTC website that can help you or tell you who to ask. The CTC forum, as I continually point out :wink: , is not the best way to communicate with CTC HO - it's primary purpose is to allow CTC members, and potential members, to talk to each other. If you want official info from the CTC, such as lists of trainers, then you are much better of looking on the website, and if that doesn't provide what you want then use the contact details on the website to speak directly to the relevant person.

Anyhoo, good luck in your quest to become a trainer. Based upon certain events in the past methinx that Telford could benefit from your efforts.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Si wrote: Based upon certain events in the past methinx that Telford could benefit from your efforts.

:?:

In the only significant cycling incident that I have ever heard of in connection with Telford, the cyclist was cleared at the Crown Court. Nothing wrong with his training.
Si

Post by Si »

thirdcrank wrote:
Si wrote: Based upon certain events in the past methinx that Telford could benefit from your efforts.

:?:

In the only significant cycling incident that I have ever heard of in connection with Telford, the cyclist was cleared at the Crown Court. Nothing wrong with his training.

I know, I was there. His training is not what I was referring to.
imppact

Post by imppact »

Thanks for the info guys ~ I've just emailed Peter Rollings at Wolverhampton City Council. I'll let you know how I get on...

Best Wishes
Tim
imppact

Post by imppact »

imppact wrote:Thanks for the info guys ~ I've just emailed Peter Rollings at Wolverhampton City Council. I'll let you know how I get on...

Best Wishes
Tim

Two weeks later & still no response...not too impressed! Any other ideas guys?
Phil_Lee

Post by Phil_Lee »

I think it will come under Shropshire CC.

Try here
bikeboy

Post by bikeboy »

Keep nagging Pete Rollings, he's a busy guy, out of office a lot but will always help. Google him for his direct number, also give Phil Lorenz a try; I believe he covers the Telford area, again though you will have to Google him for the number. (Other search engines are available!!)

Best of luck
heidy12

Re: Telford area training?

Post by heidy12 »

hello,....
I'm trying to access training as a CTC accredited cycle instructor. But unfortunately my local authority doesn't currently have places. Does anyone on this forum know where I can get suitable training within a reasonable distance of Telford?

Thank you
heidy