Flu Jab - side effects?

NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Flu Jab - side effects?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Audax67 wrote:When I was a kid I had chicken pox twice. I just read that the virus can remain dormant in nerve endings for years and re-emerge as shingles when you get on a bit and your immune system declines.

This senior-citizen bit's a riot, innit?

Yep had that, so did er indoors, mine was aching armpit, ers was head pain.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Not doing flu but I've got JE, Hep B & rabies on Fri. I don't get reactions to Hep B nor rabies but never had a JE before - is it a bad one?

That said I'll have to check my bank first as JE is really expensive.

Ian
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

horizon wrote:
Mick F wrote:
Quite depilating really.

I'm not sure that isn't what you meant, but in your case AIUI, it may be quite appropriate. 8) :wink:
:lol: :lol:
I was typing on a small iPhone5c.

Predictive text is sometimes funny!
Bald as a coot, me! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Coots ain't, they have feathers.

---o0o---

Had mine yesterday morning (jab not feathers), starting coughing last night. It lasted about an hour until a Fisherman's Friend took care of it. Must have been the vaccination - can't have anything to do with an afternoon of woodwork.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm immensely better now.
The medication is now finished, and although my breathing is still a bit on the shallow side, I'm improving by the day.

Back on the bike next week! :D :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Audax67 wrote:Coots ain't, they have feathers.

---o0o---

Had mine yesterday morning (jab not feathers), starting coughing last night. It lasted about an hour until a Fisherman's Friend took care of it. Must have been the vaccination - can't have anything to do with an afternoon of woodwork.

I have the mental list of various wood dust effects upon my person, particularly the panters, nozzle-ways and other organs gathering & processing the oxygen. These days I become paranoid if the slightest of any of these symptoms appears, despite the 3HP dust sucker and large through-draft I induce in the woodworking places. This is what a bout of lymphoma can achieve - or rather the treatment to get rid of that rot. Once is enough, I tellee!

Iroko and American white oak are nasty to me, as is teak but also some of the queer softwoods used in various blockboards (or is it the nasty glues in there). As for MDF .... I reject it in all its forms, along with chipboard, particle board and various others that rely on gallons of glue to stay together.

Many cancers are listed as "cause unknown - probably environmental". Yes.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Had the jab on Saturday, Early days.
Now they tell me I've got to have a pneumonia jab, normally once in a lifetime, but at risk groups every five years.
We'll see how it goes :)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote: .......pneumonia jab, normally once in a lifetime, but at risk groups every five years.
I'm "at risk" and they know it as I'm asthmatic .......... and get a checkup annually.
Never been told that I need a repeat every five years. :shock:

67 next month.
Pneumonia jab when I'd just tuned 50.
Mick F. Cornwall
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

I've never had the flu, or a flu jab. I reacted to a typhoid vaccine once though: vomiting and violent uncontrollable shivering.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
NATURAL ANKLING

Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Last vaccination I had was as a teenager at school. Ended up with a 1cm cubed hole in my arm. All a reaction and nothing to do with a macho culture of hitting everyone on their vaccination arm of course. Seriously nasty wound that stuck to every dressing my mum could buy. Took over a month to dry out.

I'm not thinking of getting a flu jab any time soon. Why should I when I've never had flu anyway? 46 years and nothing!
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I got flu this last winter. Not nice. I had my jab on Saturday. Similar aftermath to what's been reported by others, but liveable with.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Tangled Metal wrote:Last vaccination I had was as a teenager at school. Ended up with a 1cm cubed hole in my arm. All a reaction and nothing to do with a macho culture of hitting everyone on their vaccination arm of course. Seriously nasty wound that stuck to every dressing my mum could buy. Took over a month to dry out.

I'm not thinking of getting a flu jab any time soon. Why should I when I've never had flu anyway? 46 years and nothing!

You seem to be assuming that if you haven't had flu you will be immune to all future strains.

You may have benefited in some degree by "herd" immunity in the past.

As you get older your natural immunity may weaken - and you may succumb.

A severe bout of flu can be debilitating, long lasting and even life threatening.

Actually this is off thread since it is about the side effects of the flu jab -on which, strictly speaking you are unable to comment. :wink:
horizon

Post by horizon »

ANTONISH wrote:
Actually this is off thread since it is about the side effects of the flu jab -on which, strictly speaking you are unable to comment. :wink:

Quite right. I too would not have the flu jab and have quite strong views about it, but this thread was not offering that discussion so I have desisted.

The only thing I can say is that my offer letter came through the other day and Mrs H got a telephone call. No side effects AFAIK from either.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

horizon wrote:
ANTONISH wrote:

Quite right. I too would not have the flu jab and have quite strong views about it, but this thread was not offering that discussion so I have desisted.

By the time we get to page 5 of a thread not really seeking answers I think drifting to other aspects is not a problem.

Ian