Phone with google

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mattheus

Re: Phone with google

Post by mattheus »

richardfm wrote:
rjb wrote:
mercalia wrote:BBC Sounds can be accessed thru a browser

Alot of people have been complaining about the Sounds app. I listening to a BBC show last night reporting the complaintes and the spokesman for the app seemed rather complacent....and young..... and robotic in tone ( you old fogies you need to do this and that duh)

I've tried that too, but it doesn't let you download programmes unless there is a podcast or you stream it and listen. Not very convenient if you want to carry it with you to listen later. :(

I have been able to download programmes without them being podcasts and without listening to them first. I don't remember the detail but it may be that I had to start it playing and then pause it to find the download option.

last time I looked into this, it was only an option with the APP i.e. you can't do it on a PC. No idea why! Some byzantine copyright clause, probably ...

(there are probably workarounds for those clevererer than me!)
rjb

Re: Phone with google

Post by rjb »

richardfm wrote:
rjb wrote:
mercalia wrote:BBC Sounds can be accessed thru a browser

Alot of people have been complaining about the Sounds app. I listening to a BBC show last night reporting the complaintes and the spokesman for the app seemed rather complacent....and young..... and robotic in tone ( you old fogies you need to do this and that duh)

I've tried that too, but it doesn't let you download programmes unless there is a podcast or you stream it and listen. Not very convenient if you want to carry it with you to listen later. :(

I have been able to download programmes without them being podcasts and without listening to them first. I don't remember the detail but it may be that I had to start it playing and then pause it to find the download option.

Thanks for that bit of info. Just tried it. A bit hit and miss but if you play the first 30 seconds then download it it works. A good workaround thanks which works with my Lenovo tab 7.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D