** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:
pete75 wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Exactly!
And for their own ends,just like drug dealers!

So you think teachers, doctors, lawyers, clergymen, architects, physiotherapists, radiographers, social workers etc etc are like drug dealers?
Evidence please.
Professionals are also the group of people most likely to have voted against Brexit.

There are as many professionals out for there own ends as anyone else,being professional doesnt mean you're immune to corruption,fraud and deception.They're people like anyone else there are good and bad in all,that's what I meant.
"Professionals" manipulate people to start unnecessary wars that kill millions to sell arms and associated equipement is that any better than drug dealers?

Which professionals do that? Evidence please. What you describe is more likely to be done by businessmen, company directors and the like.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

It will be interesting to see how any Labour MPs thinking of supporting Boris finally decide to vote on the "Deal". Given how tight it sounds, would any Labour MP want to be the one who swung the vote in favour of Boris, allowing Boris to go into a General Election having succeeded in "sorting out Brexit" (his words not mine). That one Labour MP (or those two Labour MPs) would have a lot to answer for giving Boris such a victory and subsequent help to get re-elected all to the cost of Labour.

Ian
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pete75 wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
pete75 wrote:So you think teachers, doctors, lawyers, clergymen, architects, physiotherapists, radiographers, social workers etc etc are like drug dealers?
Evidence please.
Professionals are also the group of people most likely to have voted against Brexit.

There are as many professionals out for there own ends as anyone else,being professional doesnt mean you're immune to corruption,fraud and deception.They're people like anyone else there are good and bad in all,that's what I meant.
"Professionals" manipulate people to start unnecessary wars that kill millions to sell arms and associated equipement is that any better than drug dealers?

Which professionals do that? Evidence please. What you describe is more likely to be done by businessmen, company directors and the like.

Are they not 'professionals'?
There's been a case in the local news this week of sexual assault on his patients by a doctor,another of a doctor falsifing insurance claims for holidaymakers in colusion with his wife,a director of a law firm.Last week it was an accountant syphoning money off a charity for their own use,look around and there's many instances.
Was Harold Shippman not a professional?
There's good and bad in all,being a professional isn't a badge of honesty,as much as being a secondhand car salesman is a necessarily a badge of deception.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote:
mercalia wrote: ..........quite perplexing that those convinced about Brexit still hold to their views. They must be getting their info from certain sources only, which are poo-pooing the facts that the last 3 years have thrown up?
I don't agree in the slightest, and you know I don't.

I have held my views for well over 50years.
"Facts" aren't going to change this view of mine.

+1
It won't change, it won't change those who vote with the gut, It won't change those who vote with gut On both sides.
Edited – for clarity, incorrect word.
Last edited by NATURAL ANKLING on 18 Oct 2019, 2:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Debs

Post by Debs »

On the subject of dodgy professionals, Dentists are up there with the worst,
anyone remember the corrupted NHS drill & fill crimes of the 60s and 70s.
The dental abuse they willingly inflicted for monetary reward was a shocking violation of their hippocratic oath.

https://youtu.be/YoWom0CCRKM
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:Are you virtuous?
Are you always right?

Do you have opinions that aren't inline with other people's opinions?
Are other people's opinions always wrong?

Are rhetorical questions a helpful way to debate?

On the other hand, is suggesting that 63% of voters, (that's the ones that could vote but couldn't be bothered included) Did not vote to leave, so a minority Voting leave is somehow wrong, those who don't vote don't get a say.
You can't guess that group would vote one way or the other.
I could suggest the older members of that group can't be bothered partly because they are retired and sitting pretty, but I remember in my youth I didn't vote, so take your choice.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:Are you virtuous?
Are you always right?

Do you have opinions that aren't inline with other people's opinions?
Are other people's opinions always wrong?

Are rhetorical questions a helpful way to debate?

On the other hand, is suggesting that 63% of voters, (that's the ones that could vote but couldn't be bothered included) Did not vote to leave, so a minority Voting leave is somehow wrong, those who don't vote don't get a say.
You can't guess that group would vote one way or the other.
I could suggest the older members of that group can't be bothered partly because they are retired and sitting pretty, but I remember in my youth I didn't vote, so take your choice.

Not sure why you're addressing that to me. I've never said anything remotely similar to that.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi.
661-Pete wrote:Back to topic: so now it's the DUP once again sticking their oar in.
"It ain't over till the *** lady sings" eh? At the moment she ain't singing. :roll:

It's going to be tight tomorrow morning.
And there will be plenty of money changing hands to on the outcome.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

reohn2 wrote:
pete75 wrote:
reohn2 wrote:There are as many professionals out for there own ends as anyone else,being professional doesnt mean you're immune to corruption,fraud and deception.They're people like anyone else there are good and bad in all,that's what I meant.

Are they not 'professionals'?
There's been a case in the local news this week of sexual assault on his patients by a doctor,another of a doctor falsifing insurance claims for holidaymakers in colusion with his wife,a director of a law firm.Last week it was an accountant syphoning money off a charity for their own use,look around and there's many instances.
Was Harold Shippman not a professional?
There's good and bad in all,being a professional isn't a badge of honesty,as much as being a secondhand car salesman is a necessarily a badge of deception.

No they'r enot professionals.
Who said being a professional was a badge of honesty in every case. I certainly didn't. What i said was that your claim that professional people are like drug dealers is wrong.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mjr

Post by mjr »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi.
661-Pete wrote:Back to topic: so now it's the DUP once again sticking their oar in.
"It ain't over till the *** lady sings" eh? At the moment she ain't singing. :roll:

Seen on another forum: will the DUP be accepting cheques at the border?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:
661-Pete wrote: ....you should still have been aware of the utter chaos that would have ensued from any Brexit vote. You - and others like you - should have been more pragmatic, more of "the devil we know" way of thinking.

Then we wouldn't have been in this mess...
We wouldn't have been in this mess if we'd just stayed in the Common Market and not joined the Union of Europe.

No objection whatsoever about co-operation and simple trade, even free-ish movement of people up to a limit.

Politics based on xenophobia and nationalism always ends in a mess.

Are you accusing Mick of Xenophobia?
Sounds like it.

Edited – for clarity, Next line refers to bold above.
At least you're not alone Mick according to 661pete.
Last edited by NATURAL ANKLING on 18 Oct 2019, 2:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi.

Depends where it's changing hands.

If it's at Paddypower, or Betfred, or the like - well I'm no great fan of such places but I suppose we have to live with that.

If it's in plain brown envelopes exchanged in a car park somewhere near DUP HQ - well I'd be a whole lot less happy... :evil:
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Are you accusing Mick of Xenophobia?
Sounds like it.
You need to clarify that remark.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
roubaixtuesday wrote:
Mick F wrote:We wouldn't have been in this mess if we'd just stayed in the Common Market and not joined the Union of Europe.

No objection whatsoever about co-operation and simple trade, even free-ish movement of people up to a limit.

Politics based on xenophobia and nationalism always ends in a mess.

Are you accusing Mick of Xenophobia?
Sounds like it.

[Sighs]

No, I, as have already said once in this thread already, merely pointing out that Brexit is based on the politics of Xenophobia and nationalism.

If I wish to accuse anybody of anything, I will be sure to be absolutely unambiguous about it. The only thing I can recall accusing Mick of is obduracy.
Debs

Post by Debs »

Just my figuring but i'm expected this new and very stinky Piffle deal to convincingly loose the vote tomorrow.

Paradoxically a significant number of the fascist ERGs will probably vote against it simply because they're gunning for a blindfold kamikaze no-deal crash and burn Brexit. Piffle is probably expecting, wanting and quite on board with this too.

The interesting thing is want happens after this Piffle subterfuge-deal is defeated.