** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Spinners

Re: ** The Brexit Thread ** - 'Brexit Means Brexit'

Post by Spinners »

kwackers wrote:
You've gotta love brexit for showing folk up for what they really are.

Yep. And on both sides of the divide.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

al_yrpal wrote:I counted once Pete, 45 countries in my lifetime, some of them dozens of times, especially the US and France. Myopia,slurs and ear muffs characterise so many who dont want to hear truth. This is about fairness. I pay a lot of tax I dont want to see it spent on retired British people who live outside our shores and now contribute nothing. They knew the risks, no use crying in their beer. As for our government trashing the economy thats ridiculous, they are just abiding by the peoples democratic wishes expressed in a referendum that every registered voter living in the UK was invited to participate in.

Al

How did ex pats 'know the risk' There wasn't any risk until the referendum.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

To be fair Franco, there was always an risk, a risk that we would leave the EU. To me its always been obvious. Clues were, no Euro, no Schengen and the frequent election of Kippers to the EU Parliament which shouted that there was a lot of antipathy towards the EU, which there still is.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

^^^
+1
Mick F. Cornwall
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

al_yrpal wrote:To be fair Franco, there was always an risk, a risk that we would leave the EU. To me its always been obvious. Clues were, no Euro, no Schengen and the frequent election of Kippers to the EU Parliament which shouted that there was a lot of antipathy towards the EU, which there still is.

Al

You appear to be saying that had we joined the Euro and Schengen, and if UKIP had been confined to history quickly, we would all be better off?
It seems rather at odds with a great many of your previous postings.
Last edited by PDQ Mobile on 23 Oct 2019, 7:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Spinners wrote:
kwackers wrote:

^^^
+1
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Spinners wrote:
kwackers wrote:

They've not murdered anyone yet,or threatened murdering MP's or their children who support remain!

When you look at the damage already done to the country's economy by this debacle and a promised of a bonfire of regulations which will effect workers rights and impact the environment if carried out,one wonders what greater damage leaving will cause.
As for the present PM in charge personally I wouldn't trust him running the proverbial in a brewery let alone take the country through the greatest legislative change in the past 50 years or more!

YVMV mine won't,but I'd welcome your views as well as an other brexit supporter to what this country's future will look like outside the EU.
I've asked this question periodically throughout this thread without any answer so far,could it be brxit supporters are unable to provide an answer?
Last edited by reohn2 on 23 Oct 2019, 8:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:As for the present PM in charge personally I wouldn't trust him running the proverbial in a brewery let alone take the country through the greatest legislative change in the past 50 years or more!

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
One, he's a Tory, and two, he's an idiot IMHO.

50 years or more?
2019 - 50 = 1969
Legislative change?
I think it all happened well after '69 ............... but the seeds were sown in the very early '60s.

I remember telling my mum that I didn't want to be in a common market, as being "common" wasn't a nice thing.
I was maybe ten years old - 1962.
Mick F. Cornwall
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

reohn2 wrote:
Spinners wrote:
kwackers wrote:

They've not murdered anyone yet,or threatened murdering MP's or their children who support remain!

When you look at the damage already done to the country's economy by this debacle and a promised of a bonfire of regulations which will effect workers rights and impact the environment if carried out,one wonders what greater damage leaving will cause.
As for the present PM in charge personally I wouldn't trust him running the proverbial in a brewery let alone take the country through the greatest legislative change in the past 50 years or more!

YVMV mine won't,but I'd welcome your views as well as an other brexit supporter to what this country's future will look like outside the EU.
I've asked this question periodically throughout this thread without any answer so far,could it be brxit supporters are unable to provide an ANSWER?

I think you've rather clumsily moved from what was meant to be comments on people on this thread (i.e. Kwackers' post and my reply made merely for the sake of balance) and broadened it out to include the death threats and the such like that should play no part in any civilised society.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Mick F wrote:I think it all happened well after '69 ............... but the seeds were sown in the very early '60s.

I remember telling my mum that I didn't want to be in a common market, as being "common" wasn't a nice thing.

So your animosity all stems from misunderstanding a word when you were just ten years old?
It's easy done when still undeveloped but most of us realise the mistake!
Still it puts gut feeling into perspective. :wink:

Common as in communal, my dear fellow.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Don't you "my dear fellow" me! :lol: :lol:

I was suggesting that the whole thing started in the early 60's as a common market.
TBH, if it had stayed like that - even if my ten year old personality couldn't stand to be "common" - we would be fine now and there wouldn't be any complaints from me.

It's being a member of the Union of Europe that I object to ........... but I'm repeating myself.
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Spinners wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Spinners wrote:

I've asked this question periodically throughout this thread without any answer so far,could it be brxit supporters are unable to provide an ANSWER?

I think you've rather clumsily moved from what was meant to be comments on people on this thread (i.e. Kwackers' post and my reply made merely for the sake of balance) and broadened it out to include the death threats and the such like that should play no part in any civilised society.

Really?
I was identifying the depths to which the Brexit movement had sunk,and without mentioning the lies being peddled in an effort to turn this country into a tax haven for the likes of the people running the Brexit lies fest that's become evermore obvious as time has past.

I'll ask again,though without much hope of an answer.Do you have any vision as to where this country is heading outside the EU?

BTW,I apologise for the last word in my previous post being in capitals,a typo error on my part and now amended
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:
reohn2 wrote:As for the present PM in charge personally I wouldn't trust him running the proverbial in a brewery let alone take the country through the greatest legislative change in the past 50 years or more!

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
One, he's a Tory, and two, he's an idiot IMHO.

50 years or more?
2019 - 50 = 1969
Legislative change?
I think it all happened well after '69 ............... but the seeds were sown in the very early '60s.

I didn't particularly mean when we voted to become members of the Common Market.

As for telling you're Mum you didn't like being 'common',that's your problem.Personally I rather like being a commoner but then I know where my roots are.
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:I'll ask again,though without much hope of an answer.Do you have any vision as to where this country is heading outside the EU?

Can I answer?

In the same way it's always gone, just not bound by the EU.
Nothing wrong with co-operating and working side-by-side and nothing wrong with reaching out to other parts of the world.
We're all together here. All of us.

Let's all be a "common market" without being hamstrung by a union. There's a whole world out there, Europe included.
Mick F. Cornwall
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Mick F wrote:Don't you "my dear fellow" me! :lol: :lol:

I was suggesting that the whole thing started in the early 60's as a common market.
TBH, if it had stayed like that - even if my ten year old personality couldn't stand to be "common" - we would be fine now and there wouldn't be any complaints from me.

It's being a member of the Union of Europe that I object to ........... but I'm repeating myself.

Sorry I wrote " my dear boy" and changed it. :lol: :lol:
Don't like Union of Europe but do like the fragile and unequal Union of United Kingdom. N.Ireland and Farage and Widdicomb. Sheesh!
"Common" as in the common interest.
Cooperation. Helping each other.
Sharing.
Save us someone, from this madness of the misunderstanding Matelot.

Still one good idea he sometimes has, "I'm off to the pub"!