Another newbie,

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

martinwf5 wrote:Hi thanks for all the welcome's

sorry to say i let myself down,( i was going to go to work on the bike) but i have a good excuse it's down to our new arrival (baby) three weeks ago.

but i've set my mind on getting on the bike at the weekend... :D

I'll give you 2 weeks before your bike is on e-bay :wink:
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

UrbanManc wrote:
martinwf5 wrote:Hi thanks for all the welcome's

sorry to say i let myself down,( i was going to go to work on the bike) but i have a good excuse it's down to our new arrival (baby) three weeks ago.

but i've set my mind on getting on the bike at the weekend... :D

I'll give you 2 weeks before your bike is on e-bay :wink:

Nooooooooooooooo.........

And congratulations!

Although ... I do have to inform you that your life - as you know it - is over for the foreseeable! :wink: (I wasn't a cyclist at *that* stage of my life, but it needn't necessarily preclude cycling ... should it?)
Dee
martinwf5

Post by martinwf5 »

urbanmanc, , why would my bike be on ebay in 2 weeks?
meic

Post by meic »

Buy a trailer, we had the baby in it at 6 weeks old! :lol:
Yma o Hyd
martinwf5

Post by martinwf5 »

I was looking at a trailer, we had one when our (now 6 year old) was 2, but it wasn't really good quality in terms of weld and structure, and it wouldnt fit through the A posts that sustrans plant everywhere,

I popped into evans cycles in xscape castleford but they didnt have any in-store to look at,

Meic, how did you go on with the baby been only 6 weeks old, the last trailer we had came with instructions that implied " your child must be able to sit up on their own to ride in this trailer"

Thanks
Martin
UrbanManc

Post by UrbanManc »

martinwf5 wrote:urbanmanc, , why would my bike be on ebay in 2 weeks?

Approaching winter, baby making an excuse not to ride, it's classic signs of good intentions gone wrong.

There's a point where you break through from being enthusiastic about cycling to a die hard nothing will stop my riding my bike mentality , most people never reach that stage.

I know loads of people at work that have shiny new bikes in their garage ..... shiny and new 5yrs after buying them.

Lets hope you don't fall the same way :wink:
morris dancer

Post by morris dancer »

thats a good enough reason for me...the thought of cycling to work after a bad nights sleep....

hope you managed/manage a cycle ride this weekend...it's going to be tricky......

all the best to you, your partner and the new arrival :)
martinwf5

Post by martinwf5 »

Right i though i'd better give you lot a quick update, i didnt get chance at all this weekend as we were away friday night til sunday 8 pm

Sunday i promised myself that im going to ditch the car for good,

No more commuting by car, only by BIKE. so far so good ! and thats getting soaking wet, conkering the steepest of hills, ( on the way home) as it's all down hill the way to work ,

I haven't drove the car since saturday, im selling the second car, as really we dont require two , and that will save a pretty packet on fuel/tax/insurance plus the savings will go towards goodies for my bike..

I
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

Well done it is nice to read that you have used the bike.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Excellent!

Well done!
Dee
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Well done!

Keep it up,

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
spikegomez

Re: Another newbie,

Post by spikegomez »

martinwf5 wrote:Hi all , just joined, been a bit lazy this year after getting a new bike in March for my b'day, only used it twice,

Hence i've joined this forum for some tips, advice,

Martin,
Ossett
Wakefield,

oh happy cycling... goodluck