Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mjr

Re: HELLO!!!!

Post by mjr »

mtbsteve1981 wrote:If there are any other guys or gals round the Kings lynn area, it would be cool to maybe one day do a meet up for a ride as i'm pretty fresh to the area as i moved from Essex in April.

Hi Steve. There's a group of us who ride relaxed 10am weekend days (normally the first Saturday each month, other weekends vary) and currently very relaxed 6.30pm Tuesdays (maybe only a few more weeks now) varying distances. www.KLWNBUG.co.uk
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mtbsteve1981

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by mtbsteve1981 »

Hi,
Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. Thanks for the info, I follow your Facebook page and have had some chats with the guys in there. My time to ride is pretty limited due to family and work commitments but I do get out on a Saturday morning (usually around 7.30am) to ride around the woods. That's probably too early for most people though.

Steve
Road Cycling Serbia

Post by Road Cycling Serbia »

Hi to everyone, my name is Borko age 38.
Live and work in Belgrade, Serbia. Getting into cycling after a 20 year break. I ride a bike out of love and recreation.

Bike: Scott CR1
soar

Post by soar »

Hi, my name is Chris I'm 73 and live in Ballarat Australia, lived here since 1970, prior to that born and raised in Nottingham.used to ride with the CTC on my Paragon (which l still have) .I visit regularly and ride with family or friends . Completed Lejog 12years ago, helmetless, hooray, have got various bikes including a spa ahead ti .

Chris
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Hi I'm a defector from bike radar since they changed the forum software. Oh yes I'm 57 from NI and like touring, camping and mountain biking not in any particular order.
I am here. Where are you?
diapason

Post by diapason »

Greetings,

I'm Nigel (surprise, surprise). It might seem that I'm a newbie, but I was actually here back around 2008 under the name of diapason - I'm an organist. Tried to log in under that, but I'd forgotten my password and it was linked to an ancient and discontinued email address. So, hence, back under my real name.

Back on the bike after a long layoff which followed a messy divorce and subsequent depression and PTSD. I sold my bikes and kit. A move to flatter terrain and a small town led me to get a Brompton a year ago which I've been using mainly for local journeys. A need to get fit and a back injury severely limiting walking any distance, has encouraged me to buy a Thorn Nomad Mk 2 from SJSC (brilliant service). Hoping to ride more on the nearby canal towpath and around my old haunts of Burnham -on Mud, Weston-super-Mud and the Mendips as well as further afield on Tarka and Camel trails.

I'm medically retired but still play the organ voluntarily in local churches.

I've spent sime time reading through the whole 70-odd pages of this thread and am pleased to re-acquaint myself with many virtual and some real friends. Wondering how many of them are still active on here.

Hoping to be around more as I try to regain some modicum of fitness and lose some weight.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Welcome back.
Your. Mud references made me smile.
I find it a very friendly helpful place.
I would reconsider using your real name though in case you ever stray into certain territories.
Sweep
mjr

Post by mjr »

Welcome back! I don't know if it'll help you but on a little lane between the back of Banwell hill and the Loxton to Winscombe road is the race for an old water wheel. It's simply beautiful IMO and it gets better on grungy autumn days where the water flows faster! The approaches from Loxton and Winscombe are fairly flat. From Banwell is definitely not!
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
diapason

Post by diapason »

Thanks - I think I remember that route from many years ago when I lived in Weston - on the Costa-del-Geriatric!

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
diapason

Post by diapason »

Sweep, thanks - I'll ask the mods to re-activate the diapason account as has been suggested.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
rjb

Post by rjb »

Welcome back Nigel. Somerset has some nice cycling country. If you make it to North Curry pop into the community cafe. (Closed on Mondays). And if you see a tandem it's probably me and her. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nigel's new account has now been merged with his original diapason account.
diapason

Post by diapason »

Thanks admin, and, rjb, I used to be organist of North Curry Chuch and often commuted early an a Sunday morning, along the canal tow path, from Cotfors-St-Luke. I've got some old pictures of my bike covered in ice after one particularly cold morning. Must do it again - now from Bridgwater. But it won't be on a Sunday morning as I now play elsewhere.
Advena ego sum in Terra
vegan dog

Post by vegan dog »

Just thought I would introduce myself. Not having cycled since a child, I have decided to embark on a world tour (mid life crisis!) I am just in the process of kitting my bike out and have purchased a second hand steel frame Santos Travel master (Rohloff). I have spent a while dreaming of a different kind of life and have finally decided to take the plunge!
Longshot

Post by Longshot »

Morning. Another refugee from the dying BikeRadar forum here. 51, Surrey based, fat and keen road cyclist. Nice to participate in a readable forum.