The "Royals" Thread

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Poor Old Harry or Andy

Post by Oldjohnw »

mattheus wrote:So is a ginger UK prince marrying a US mixed-race non-royal a good thing?

I merely seek information ...

I would say that is a non-event. Happens all the time.
John
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Oldjohnw wrote:
mattheus wrote:So is a ginger UK prince marrying a US mixed-race non-royal a good thing?

I would say that is a non-event. Happens all the time.

Non-events that nevertheless happen all the time! Are these related to alternative facts? Are our current not-politicians the alternatives to MPs known as "little dictators"? Have we slipped into another of many possible universes - one in which the laws of nature are different or even absent? I think we should be told!

Meanwhile, it seems the time has come for a winnow of the ever-increasing Royals. Will no one rid us of these tumescent princes? Where's Mrs Bobbitt when you need her?

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

You really think Harry is Charles son :lol:
NUKe

Post by mercalia »

NUKe wrote:

I no longer know who they are or how many of them there are
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49567157

So Harry flies private to protect his family. hmm I bet its more that Meghan wont fly common - other wise why on earth marry a royal than to become a snob?

Should one use a private jet to campaign over climate crisis?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-crisis
?
Is there really any need to visit the places? Maybe use technology to have virtual conferences? Not only save a lot of fuel but also expensive hotel costs and fancy restaurant bills? AH thats whats it all about - life style issues of the rich?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Poor old Andy Pandy has put his foot in it again

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/16/prince-andrew-what-is-the-excuse-for-this-misogynistic-nonsense-served-up-in-a-gilded-chamber?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MTExNw%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

I wonder what the legal situation is regarding extraditing a "royal" to the USA to face justice? That would be a story wouldnt it? Would proabably kill off Queen Liz

What I didnt know is he is a patron of the NSPCC. I am surprised they havent dumped him.

“I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady” (Andy)
“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” (Bill Clinton )

I understand the BBC's interview didnt go too well, too sycophantic? Well I am glad I dont contribute to the license fee that paid for it

Ah good old YouTube

[youtube]AKQi3wzNFGQ[/youtube]

A differnt interpretation --

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7691385/RICHARD-KAY-Prince-Andrew-sit-BBC-face-questions-FBI.html
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

mercalia wrote:
NUKe wrote:

I no longer know who they are or how many of them there are

Nor do I care.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Good to see the old traditions of disgraceful behaviour by royal princes being carried on.
Such a disfunctional family helps the republican cause.
I never bother to keep track of them either.
"Another mouth to feed" as D.Skinner used to say.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

Guilty. The royals are an odious bunch, and Andy has always been the idiot brother. I see the calls for him to make a testimony for the FBI are becoming a clamour.

Possibly the worst misjudged interview in living memory.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Capture.PNG

The town’s Pizza Express listing on Google has been inundated with fake reviews since the duke’s interview aired last night. “It has been 18 years since I visited, but I remember it like it was yesterday,” wrote someone using the name David Branwood.

“I was sweating profusely. So were all the other customers. It was hot. But one man, one mysterious man, was ice-cool, sweat-free,” it continued, a dig at the duke’s claims that he lost the ability to sweat following an overdose of adrenaline in the Falklands war.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/17/wokings-pizza-express-customers-struggle-to-remember-first-visit?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0xOTExMTg%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email
mattheus

Re: Absurd anti-royal ranting

Post by mattheus »

Wot on earth has the Prince Andrew business got to do with Prince Harry??
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mattheus wrote:Wot on earth has the Prince Andrew business got to do with Prince Harry??

saves having multiple threads. Maybe redo the title though to be more inclusive maybe "Royal Bashing"?
pwa

Re: The "Royals" Thread ( was Poor Old Harry or Andy)

Post by pwa »

I decided not to inflict the whole of that interview on myself, but when I saw the excerpts on the news a very unkind thought jumped into my head. It was that in the old days of Empire, when a gentleman of honour was disgraced he might be left alone for a while with a loaded revolver. As I say, very unkind of me, but the gentleman's performance left me feeling cold towards him.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

mattheus wrote:Wot on earth has the Prince Andrew business got to do with Prince Harry??

Well..

There was never any real substance to the "Harry claims"

Whereas there appears to be a genuine story behind Andrew's philandering
Cunobelin

Re: The "Royals" Thread ( was Poor Old Harry or Andy)

Post by Cunobelin »

pwa wrote:I decided not to inflict the whole of that interview on myself, but when I saw the excerpts on the news a very unkind thought jumped into my head. It was that in the old days of Empire, when a gentleman of honour was disgraced he might be left alone for a while with a loaded revolver. As I say, very unkind of me, but the gentleman's performance left me feeling cold towards him.

Not the only "performance" in question?