Major Domestic Defect

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rjb

Re: Major Domestic Defect

Post by rjb »

Do I really need to see your bottom entry ball cock. Bit too much information there. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Try not to wrench intemperately at that flusher this time! Be gentle with your food babies. Wish them a nice time on their long dark journey to the sea. (Don't tell them about the macerator halfway there).

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
ferrit worrier wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:Certainly something you need to keep a handle on!

Looks like pretty standard square shaft from door handle etc. readily available at builders merchants

only problem is the square is cast or forged as part of the handle. I changed many of these during my period as a building manager in Stockport. A steel one would rust away in no time!

Not always the case that it's part of the handle.
Many are separate so they can but cut down for different door thicknesses.
They are often also coated or galvanized.
You could always paint it!

I was referring to the cistern handle :lol:
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Look up Toolstation. Minimum order needed but they post to your door and prices are OK.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

dodger wrote:Look up Toolstation. Minimum order needed but they post to your door and prices are OK.

Stoolstation? :shock:
I'll get me coat.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
dodger wrote:Look up Toolstation. Minimum order needed but they post to your door and prices are OK.

Stoolstation? :shock:
I'll get me coat.

Stoolstationary at MickF's, at least for a while. We can only hope the delay has not caused that critical mass which engenders a fatberg!

Cugel, adept with a plunger.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes