ICE trike front boom for sale

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
DGG1941

ICE trike front boom for sale

Post by DGG1941 »

Front boom with derailleur post to fit ICE trike - marked as 7005 T6. £35
It's from my Adventure and is in good shape. It has been replaced with a new boom with a Pinion 18 gearbox as the Pinion needs a special fixture.

As an aside the Pinion is stunning!
Last edited by DGG1941 on 7 Dec 2019, 6:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I see an adult on a bicycle I do not despair for the human race, H G Wells.
mark aldridge

Re: ICE trike front boom

Post by mark aldridge »

I have had a Pinion box on my Velomo trike for three years now and it just gets better the more I use it. For recumbent use I think it beats a Rohloff hub hands down. The ease with which you can just swap booms makes it a very valid option. For uprights it is a totally different and costly proposition. Let us know how you get on.
Mark
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

DGG,

Where did you buy your boom and Pinion from?

Thanks

OB
mark aldridge

Post by mark aldridge »

Hello OB

It was the original build. A lot of the recumbent makers now have a Pinion option listed (it can take a bit of ferreting around on websites). If you can't get an original makers boom you might strike lucky if your boom diameter matches theirs. Failing that it is not a major job for fabricator or frame builder to cobble one up (diy?).

Good luck.

Mark
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Ooh... That's nice to know.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
DGG1941

Post by DGG1941 »

My Pinion was supplied by Velomo in Germany, and I think they can supply most size booms. Fitting the new boom took a while but it is a good fit. Their customer service was excellent - Steffen can be reached on info@velomo.eu.
When I see an adult on a bicycle I do not despair for the human race, H G Wells.
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

Thanks DGG
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

ICE are also very helpful... They fitted a Schlumpf HSD to the boom of my Gekko