Boris Johnson: Why is a proven liar in power?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
softlips

Re: Boris Johnson: Why is a proven liar in power?

Post by softlips »

mercalia wrote:
Polisman wrote:
Vorpal wrote:Boris' minders won't let him go on with Andrew Neil. They know better.

I disagree. It's the mark of the calibre of the man: vain, stupid disingenuous, deceitful, cowardly, a bully.

I could go on, but I am seriously worried an idiot of this low calibre (who was a disaster as Foreign Secretary) could get elected without proper scrutiny. I hope he gets his jotters next week. Hubris is written all over him

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf
The big bad wolf, the big bad wolf
Tra la la la la
Boris is!
Tra la la, tra la la
Tra la la la la la la la la la la
Who's afraid of the big, big, big
Bad wolf

And Jeremy Corbyn refuses to go on LBC. You can make exactly the same argument. The only leader not etc etc.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

softlips wrote:
mercalia wrote:
Polisman wrote:
I disagree. It's the mark of the calibre of the man: vain, stupid disingenuous, deceitful, cowardly, a bully.

I could go on, but I am seriously worried an idiot of this low calibre (who was a disaster as Foreign Secretary) could get elected without proper scrutiny. I hope he gets his jotters next week. Hubris is written all over him

Tra la la la la
Boris is!
Tra la la, tra la la
Bad wolf

And Jeremy Corbyn refuses to go on LBC. You can make exactly the same argument. The only leader not etc etc.

Still primarily a London station, despite their protestations of national coverage, so no, I don't think that they are the same.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

This man in Preston summed BJ quite well I thought :lol:
Boris Johnson is a narcissistic, opportunistic, self-interested, psychopathic [rude word removed] who could not give a flying f*** about anyone other than Boris Johnson.” he vented to HuffPost UK.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Bonefishblues wrote:
softlips wrote:
mercalia wrote:
Tra la la la la
Boris is!
Tra la la, tra la la
Bad wolf

Still primarily a London station, despite their protestations of national coverage, so no, I don't think that they are the same.

London is in Labours pocket bar a couple of boroughs ( Uxbridge - Boris') so whats the point, preaching to the converted

yes and also Farage stomping ground. I have a couple of times listened to his slot and he comes across much better, quite reasonable in fact
mikeonabike

Post by mikeonabike »

For those who think that none of the leaders are suitable to be PM so you won't bother voting - I suggest you vote with the intention that none of them get a majority big enough to do whatever they want...
softlips

Post by softlips »

Bonefishblues wrote:
softlips wrote:
mercalia wrote:
Tra la la la la
Boris is!
Tra la la, tra la la
Bad wolf

It’s listened to all over the country, my Edinburgh taxi driver had it on this morning. The people phoning in are from everywhere.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

softlips wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
softlips wrote:

It’s listened to all over the country, my Edinburgh taxi driver had it on this morning. The people phoning in are from everywhere.

Which I acknowledge. Internet radio allows that. I was listening to a Senegalese music station the other day. It's still primarily a London station, nonetheless. It was only 5 years ago that it declared itself to be "Leading Britain's Conversation" as opposed to "London's Conversation"
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Vorpal wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Andrew Neil is one of a very few people whose grasp of the detail is such that he can expose lies, bluff and bluster. We should welcome it. His personal political persuasion plays the square root of no part in his scrutiny as far as I can see.

Boris' minders won't let him go on with Andrew Neil. They know better.

Reflecting on this, and hearing the coverage all day today I reckon he's been much more damaged by allowing Andrew Neil to grandstand in this way than he would have been if he had subjected himself to scrutiny.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

The Boris- Corbyn internview to nite

Katrina asks: “In the era of fake news, what punishment is appropriate for politicans who lie during political campaigns?"

Mr Johnson says they "should be made to go on their knees" in the House of Commons and "scour" themselves with their documents

I'll get a TV licence to see that :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: though I would replace the papers with a barbed whip as the monks are supposed to have used
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I'd keep your money in your pocket tbh.
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

Best political quote of the entire campaign: (on Johnson and his similarities to Trump)

'You've just replaced one overweight, lying blond sociopath with another.'
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Polisman wrote:Best political quote of the entire campaign: (on Johnson and his similarities to Trump)

'You've just replaced one overweight, lying blond sociopath with another.'

Maybe Trump is really Boris's dad? Thats where Boris gets his behaviour from? Doesnt Boris have an american connection? would explain why Trump dotes on Boris?
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

[youtube]pz5Kr9XyOJM[/youtube]
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

And still they lie, obfuscate and deceive. What's that 'hiding in plain sight' phrase?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50694698
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

It's quite something when what the President of the US and the PM of GB have in common is that they are both unrestrained liars, homophobes, mysoginists and inslamaphobes.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 7 Dec 2019, 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
John