Funniest clean joke I've heard recently

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: Funniest clean joke I've heard recently

Post by mercalia »

Tinpotflowers wrote:Advert in newspaper.

Encyclopaedia Britannica for sale
Hardly used
Wife knows everything

Encyclopaedia Britannica for sale
Hardly used
Can now afford loo paper
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:
661-Pete wrote:
pete75 wrote:29062782_1033418023474727_4751327177725706240_n.jpg
Excellent. Hope non-French speakers aren't too frustrated. "Je m'en fous" means "I don't give a ****"

seems like the rude word software not multi lingual? :lol:
Possibly not. I felt tempted to test it out with the celebrated insult which former French footballer Nicolas Anelka was reported to have launched at his manager during Euro 2012. But I decided, perhaps not: don't want to offend francophone ears on this forum! The alleged words (bowdlerised), which went viral, were va te faire *******, sale fils de ****!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

661-Pete wrote:Possibly not. I felt tempted to test it out with the celebrated insult which former French footballer Nicolas Anelka was reported to have launched at his manager during Euro 2012. But I decided, perhaps not: don't want to offend francophone ears on this forum! The alleged words (bowdlerised), which went viral, were va te faire *******, sale fils de ****!

You don't have to publicly post, simply start a new post, enter your words and preview the result - when you know what the censorship does then you can simply cancel.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

kwackers wrote:You don't have to publicly post, simply start a new post, enter your words and preview the result
I did!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

661-Pete wrote:
kwackers wrote:You don't have to publicly post, simply start a new post, enter your words and preview the result
I did!

Apologies, I read your post as you not knowing whether it would convert or not.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

mercalia wrote:
661-Pete wrote:
pete75 wrote:29062782_1033418023474727_4751327177725706240_n.jpg
Excellent. Hope non-French speakers aren't too frustrated. "Je m'en fous" means "I don't give a ****"

seems like the rude word software not multi lingual? :lol:

It's embedded in a picture. The rude word software will only pick up text. Eg rude word typed [rude word removed] Same word in an image [image removed by moderator]
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

pete75 wrote:It's embedded in a picture. The rude word software will only pick up text. Eg rude word typed [rude word removed] Same word in an image [image removed by moderator]
Indeed! Brings back memories! The grossly offensive words directed at Yours Truly, back in 2011, from Another Place, were indeed embedded in a picture - although I suspect that the real reason was to avoid search bots picking them up. There is - or at least was - no swear-word filter on the aforesaid Other Place, and the moderation was somewhat ineffectual.

Unlike this place. :D
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

not a joke but the answer is funny but true.

you used to be able to tell sane from mad people in the high street, as the mad ones would rant in public. Now it seems since the smart phone it is getting harder as many walk around talking into their phone.

so the question is how do you tell a sane phone user now from the afore mentioned mad people?
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

mercalia wrote:so the question is how do you tell a sane phone user now from the afore mentioned mad people?
I don't know, but maybe there's an answer to that - at least in Brighton - for those crossing a road. There are loads of signs like this one, embedded in the pavements at busy junctions:
So perhaps all phone users in the street are deemed to be mad - according to B&H.....
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mercalia wrote:not a joke but the answer is funny but true.

you used to be able to tell sane from mad people in the high street, as the mad ones would rant in public. Now it seems since the smart phone it is getting harder as many walk around talking into their phone.

so the question is how do you tell a sane phone user now from the afore mentioned mad people?

well the smart phone users are usually having a conversation so stop now and then to listen, but the mad people just rant and rant without pause. Though was in my local lidls and there was this guy just inside where the trollys are kept ranting and ranting into his phone, no pause no nothing. So maybe he thinks the phone will mean he dont get seen as a nut job, but really was?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

A zebra went for a passport photo
'Colour or black + white?' asked the photographer
'Are you trying to rip me off?' growled the HSA, horse-shaped animal
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

all sorts.JPG
all sorts.JPG (21 KiB) Viewed 551 times

big foot.JPG
big foot.JPG (20.45 KiB) Viewed 551 times
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

mercalia wrote:

well the smart phone users are usually having a conversation so stop now and then to listen, but the mad people just rant and rant without pause. Though was in my local lidls and there was this guy just inside where the trollys are kept ranting and ranting into his phone, no pause no nothing. So maybe he thinks the phone will mean he dont get seen as a nut job, but really was?

You've replied to yourself. Deliberate or did you forget to switch to your alternate persona? ;)

Worse thing these days is most folk use their phones hands free so if you're not careful you can think they're talking to you - especially if they're unthinkingly staring in your general direction.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

kwackers wrote:
mercalia wrote:

You've replied to yourself. Deliberate or did you forget to switch to your alternate persona? ;)

Worse thing these days is most folk use their phones hands free so if you're not careful you can think they're talking to you - especially if they're unthinkingly staring in your general direction.

was deliberate a way to add the addition and make it all current.

yes that has happened to me , makes you feel a walley when you realise they aint
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

kwackers wrote:Worse thing these days is most folk use their phones hands free so if you're not careful you can think they're talking to you - especially if they're unthinkingly staring in your general direction.
Or else:
Traveling down the interstate & needing to use the restroom, I stopped at a rest area. I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying: "Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed, "Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says: "So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question. "Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them "No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously... "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions